chapter 6

lauren gave him almost a disgusted look. he either didn't see or ignored it and escaped out from under her person. originally, the two were laying on a bean bag, corpse was holding her and she was laying down between his legs.

he gets up and looks at me, wiggling his eyebrows, showing his excitement for tea.

i laugh and open the door for him as we exit the room. we go downstairs, put on our jackets and shoes, and hop in the audi.

"wow, nice car," he said.

"thanks, it's marek's actually."

"cool," he stated.

after i pull out of the driveway, i ask,

"what were you thinking of getting?"

"oh, maybe just some ginger tea. how about you?"

"um, funny thing, i just said we're going to timmy's because i didn't want to make anyone jealous. i was actually going to get some boba tea," i snickered.

"seriously?" corpse asked, happily,

"fuck yeah!" he said with a grin on his face. i just laugh.

a few moments go by and i hear a ring. someone is trying to call me. i notice it's my modelling agent.

"hello diane, how's it going?"

"good dear, do you have anything going on on the afternoon of friday the 13th?"

"i do not, no."

the only event i have that day is the party, which is supposed to be much later.

"that's good because i just received a call from a very important modelling agency and i already said you were going to attend." you can hear her grin on the other line,

"diane, you really should run these things by me first- what's the agency?"

"playboy."

i pull over and park the car. i see corpse raise his eyebrows and look over at me as i sit there in shock.

"holy shit, you're lying."

"i am not. they saw the work you did for the la vie en rose campaign, so they called me and asked if you were available to shoot next friday." i am on the verge of tears. this is the best thing that has ever happened in my modelling career.

"i am so happy you agreed," i cried. corpse and i just smile at each other in excitement.

"im so happy for you, andrea. this is going to be huge."

"thank you so much, diane. i'll talk to you tomorrow to work out the details."

"alrighty, i'll call you on my lunch break. good night, ms. bradley," diane coos.

"bye!" i end the phone call through the steering wheel.

"congrats! this sounds like an amazing opportunity."

"it is, thank you," i smile at him.

"i will definitely be checking it out," he winks. my eyes go wide and i give him a playful shove,

"corpse! you have a girlfriend!"

"i'm only kidding," he laughs.

"right, well let's go get some boba to celebrate!" i return back to the empty backroad. i enjoy driving down them because they're quiet and very aesthetically pleasing at night.

"if only it were raining."

"if only," i smirk.

"i didn't know boba was this far away. i'm starting to rethink me moving here," corpse worried.