Chapter 10: Mitchelle

Ashley in the photo above.

My father decide that he was going to come back to the pack house early since he had more than enough rest. I knew he couldn't stay away that long anyways. He called me and told me he would be here in an hour so I had to get up and get ready. Kimberly was out cold so I left a note and kissed her forehead before I left the room and headed to the office. On my way there I notice Mrs. Davis smiling and looking at my mark "I'm glad you finally found her," she said handing me a bagel. Mrs. Davis has been here since I was a kid so she knew I was always intrigued by having a mate. She told me to take good care of her and I agree before heading to the office and eating my bagel. 

After about 20 minutes my dad was walking in with my mother behind him. They both took a seat at the desk but my father refused to sit behind the desk. "Son I think that it is officially time for you to take over as Alpha of the pack. Now that I am healthy your mom and I are going to travel and make some memories outside of this pack."

"It would be my honor." I was mostly happy to know my dad was feeling better and that he was going to live. It also made me think about Kimberly and getting her prepared to be Luna it wouldn't be easy but I would be with her every step of the way. "Dad I need to ask you something about Kimberly." He and my mom shared a look like before and it made me wonder what that was about. "Why do the two of you keep doing that?" I ask.

"Do what?" My mother asks.

"When I asked about Kimberly before you two gave each other a look like you know something."

"Why is it important? She's just a normal wolf" my father said.

"A lot has been happening so maybe you haven't noticed but she's my mate and the next Luna of this pack. She hit a man that was attacking me and threw him 30 ft and then she healed you of terminal cancer. What is normal about that?"

"She's what?" My mother asked. "You idiot why didn't you tell us? I am so excited is she awake yet?"

"No ma but that's not the point. I want to know what information you know about her."

My dad went to open his mouth but, the pack alarm went off making me jump up as David flew into the room. "I went to go check in on the men at the border and when I got there they were dead." 

"Send out two teams to cover pack land and I will have Kimberly assist families with getting to the safety bunker."

"Ashley can help," David said.

"Ok get her down here now."

Kimberly bursts through my office door looking for me and calms when she sees me. 

"We may be under attack I need you to help assist families going to the safety bunker."  Without hesitation she agreed and Ashley came in also agreeing to help before they took off. 

"David you and I are going to the border. Team Cobra will meet us there." 

"Son be careful, please. Your mother and I will stay here and wait for the next steps." Nodding ok David and I headed out of the room and shifted into our wolves the moment our feet touched the grass. We reach the border and the stench is horrid and Davis howls in disgust.

"What the hell is that smell?" he asks through our mind link.

"No fucking idea but it's horrible."

We go around smelling to see if the scent travels but it was just here by the border which means they didn't come onto pack land. The stench grew stronger as David looks around the same way I am trying to see where it is coming from. Like bolts of light, we can see something moving closer but the speed is abnormal even for a wolf. We both get in attack mode when I see another one of the wolves charging forward. The wolf immediately jumped at me when he got closer but I raised my paw and smacked him down causing him to flip backward. Getting back up the wolf looks at me and even in his form I could tell there was a smirk on his face and his fur began to glow black. He comes at me full speed like the thing that David was fighting but I still move in time not to get hit. 

The wolf kept coming even when I was hitting him my hardest. Slowly it was tiring me out but because of my wolf blood, I was still going. When he swung his arm this time I felt something slice against my fur and instantly I felt myself getting weaker. Before I fall I hear David howl in pain but I can't get up. The wolf that I was fighting stands over me but he looks ahead and sees something that terrifies him as he whimpers. Turning my head the only person I can see running with tears in her eyes is Kimberly.

She's screaming my name and both of the things take off. Ashley is also running to David which confined my idea that they are mates. 

"I already have the medics on the way." She places her hands on me and closes her eyes. The wound was on my arm but after she closed her eyes I can feel my strength coming back. The medics show up shortly after and place both David and me on a gurney. David is screaming in pain until we get to the hospital and they put us in a room. Getting out of bed I see Ashley crying and Kimberly consoling her before whispering something in her ear.

"Thank you," Ashley said weakly. "It won't hurt you will it?" She asks. Kim says no before heading to the other side of David's bed.

Ashley pulls down his gown and exposes the long gashes across his chest. The doctors gave him something to sleep so he was oblivious to what was happening. She placed her hands on the side of the wound and I stand next to her just in case she falls like when she healed my dad. This time not only her hands were glowing but her eyes and it was like she couldn't pull away. His wounds were healing fast but I could tell that she was seeing something by the look on her face it wasn't a fearful look but more emotional. 

"Is she ok?" Ashley asked. She could also tell by the tears that began to fall Kimberly's face that something was way off. 

"I don't know" I respond. Kimberly lets David go but instead of passing out like she did before she runs. Her run is so fast that when I tried to grab her she was already gone the only thing I can see are her eyes and they are still glowing white.

"Kimberly," I yell and take off behind her.