Chapter 5: Kimberly

Kimberly's P.O.V

When I agreed to help Mitchelle I had no idea we would be looking at a desk of case files on hunters around our area. Reading about the many different drugs they have created to kill wolves. When my hands scan over one of the names images begin to flash over my eyes and I see a lady holding a baby in her arms. While her face is not clear she's singing a song that I would dream about as a kid. Then all hell breaks loose as she places the child in a container and through the crack you can see her fighting when something pierces her neck before she pulls it out and continues to fight. 

It was like I couldn't pull my hands back and I see the lady come back to the container picking up the baby as it begins to cry.

"Shhh... Kimberly, please quiet down so we can get out of here." Her voice wasn't familiar but she said my name. Looking at the baby she does resemble me and the bracelet on her arm was the same one that was sitting in my jewelry box. Stepping back I gasp as the vision fades and I look up to see Mitchelle trying to get my attention. 

"Hey look at me. Are you ok?" He asks grabbing my face.

"Who is Natalia Williams?" I said ignoring his question. I could tell Mitchelle wanted to ask again but I ignore him.

"She was a friend of my father's but disappeared years ago. Part of the research he was doing was connected to her and her husband." still looking over the papers I see the report from the first day the nurse was asked to come to the pack and patched it with another paper that had his father's schedule on it. 

"The day your father went to go and speak to this man was the day the nurse was called to the pack house. This has to be the day it happened." Handing Mitchelle the paper he read it over and took out his phone calling someone. After a few minutes, the door opens, and in walks the man from before.

"David please get the car ready we got something to check out. I'll fill you in on the way." After I helped him put everything back in the file folders he said goodbye like he was about to leave without me.

"Uh... Do you think you're going to investigate this without me?" Placing my hands on my hips leaned my head to the side looking at him.

"There could be danger," he says. Instead of saying anything I just stand here and look at him until he gives in. 

Sighing he stretched out his arm for me to head down the stairs and I happily made my way to the car. The car ride was kind of long and I almost regret my decision to come until I see a huge mansion come into view. The place reminds you of one of those homes in a mafia movie with big glass windows and a huge yard in the front. The car stops and everyone gets out making our way to the front door. Mitchelle knocks on the door more than once but there is no reply.

"It's too silent out here bro something's off, " David said. The wind started to blow a little harder and then we heard footsteps coming from every direction. Men came out of the trees that look like they had already been fighting. By their smell, you could tell they are humans so our guards went up ready for a fight. A lady comes through but not just any lady it was the one from my vision earlier. She took off towards us and I could tell by Mitchelle's face he was confused. 

"Isn't that Mrs. Williams? Why is she here?" David asks. Mitchelle shrugs his shoulders as she gets closer and notices them standing there. 

"Hunters are coming," She said. The men are now also surrounding us and she notices the looks our men are giving them "Woah now relax their human but they are good people." The men don't look afraid of us but are more protective as two of them come to stand in front of Natalia holding up their arrows. You can hear the group getting closer and Mitchelle tells everyone to get ready. Quickly he stands in front of me telling me to stay by him at all times. My wolf was so happy to see her man in control that she was jumping around in my head.

"You just called him our man. Are you finally ready to get close to him" she says in my head getting excited.

"Shut up" I reply shutting her out as I focus on the moment. 

Immediately chaos breaks out as the other set of humans come running out of the trees. They smelled worse than other humans usually do and it kind of upset my stomach. While the fighting was going on my mind was distracted and then images started flashing in my head again. This time it was images of the fight that was going on before me a man held a knife secretly in his palm as he fought Mitchelle and when he stumbled back the man slices his face. 

Coming back to the present I had the worst headache and it felt like my brain was thumping again my skull. Closing my eyes I realize I have to get it together so I could pay attention to my surroundings. Mitchelle punches a man down to the ground and you could tell he was knocked out by how his body went limp as he fell. The guy from my vision then starts to fight Mitchelle and punch for punch it was as I had seen. This time though when Mitchelle stumbles back I punch the man in his stomach making him fly back and hit a tree. 

Everything went silent then and all eyes were on me. The tree had to be around 30 feet away and I had just thrown him like it was nothing. The other men that could get up and run did and just like that the fight was over. The other men on our side looked at me and I looked down at my hands  Mitchelle's hand grab mines.

"Are you ok?" He asks. Slowly he lifts my chin and I look into his eyes seeing this worry and confusion. 

"I had a vision that he was going to slice your face so I wanted to protect you." Tears were filling in my eyes but only because I was afraid of what I had done and I was sure that man was no longer alive. "I killed him didn't I?" The fighters were carrying his body and I watched them walk past us and place the body in the van. Natalia came up to us and smiled at me.

"You don't have to be afraid of yourself or your power.  Those ruthless men would do anything to kill us they even hurt Kelic."

When she said the man's name I notice the look on Mitchelle's face and so does Natalia. 

"Can we talk in private?" She agrees and leads us inside the house. We sit in the living room while Mitchelle goes to talk to her. The moment I sit on the couch I zone out thinking about what's been wrong with me lately. As I'm lost in thought I feel the couch dip down next to me causing me to look next to me and see David. 

"Are you ok?" David asks. It was awkward talking to him since our encounters have been weird but I did feel safe around him. 

"Did you see what I did to that man?" 

"Yes, and I think it was badass. You saved our Alpha so trust that none of us think bad about it." He rolled back his sleeve and showed a long scar. "I got this when I was a teenager. My dad and I were at home when a group of hunters attacked us and you would think they would care since I was young but they didn't. They used poison to stab me and they had hoped I would die slowly. When you're out there you realize being nice is not going to save your life."

Though it still felt weird to know I had killed someone his words made me feel better. That man could have done anything to Mitchelle and I'm glad I saved him.

Mitchelle comes storming down the stairs with Natalia right behind him. "We need to get back to the pack house now." He says grabbing my hand we head back to the car quickly before we get in and all the cars speed off.