Chapter 6: Mitchelle

David in the photo above.

"Take a left once you get to the top of the stairs," Natalia said.

To the left was a room door so I open it and smell the witch that is sitting next to a man laying down in bed. The man looked sick and by her hand position, the witch looked like she was healing him. 

"This is Kelic. Currently, our friend Felora is helping him."

"What's wrong with him?" I ask noticing he looked weak in the bed. Getting closer to the bed I see that he looks even worse up close. His dry skin and lips made it look like he was going to die at any time. Observing the pictures around the room I could see the difference in his weight compared to the strong man in the photos. 

"It's a poison that's going through his body. It's stopping his body from healing fast and forming cancer in the body. He ignored it for too long and now I am trying to remove the poison from the body as fast as possible," Felora said. 

Turning to Natalia I inform her that my father has also been poisoned and has cancer in his body. There is a look of horror on her face when I tell her that it's stage four. 

"Your father and Kelic have been investigating something big. They didn't even fill me in when they went to this specific hunter's den before they both got sick."

"A hunter's den?"

"Yes outside the woods there's something called the hunter's den. People go to make deals with hunters for protection among other things. There are people out there afraid of werewolves that have never even come in contact with us and things are only getting worse." The stress on her face was growing worse while she explained the situation. Before she could finish talking I got a mind link from my father telling me to hurry back because something bad was about to happen.

Leaving out of the room I rushed down the stairs grabbing Kimberly so we can leave. Natalia decided to stay back in case something bad happened to Kelic and his pack of men. The car ride was taking long and I could get out and run in wolf form but the only thing keeping me calm was being next to Kimberly. She was still shaken up about what she did earlier and I couldn't help but wonder more about her. 

When the car finally stops I mindlink my mother and she tells me to come to the doctor's office so I do. When I enter my father's room my stomach turns seeing how sick he was beginning to look. My mother looks up from the bed and I can see the dried tears on her face. 

"Why did neither of you think to tell me your father was sick?" She was rightfully angry and I know it would be the same if Kimberly withheld information from me. She was ready to go off until she looked behind me and Kimberly was standing there. Without saying anything Kimberly walked over to the bed where my father lay. Confusion was clear on her face as she tried to wrap her mind around how this was even possible. Kindly I asked my mother to sit back down while I explained to them what Natalia told me. 

My mother's face changed when I mentioned the hunter's den. Anyone else may have missed the change in expression but I noticed her face go from sadness to fear as I spoke about the den. "Do you know what Dad was investigating?" I ask. She shook her head no but I didn't believe that there was something more to this than just a simple investigation. 

"Your father can't even stay woke for long these days so you are going to have to take over as Alpha sooner than we had planned." She said changing the subject. Instead of pushing, I let it go and decided to wait until he woke up to ask him about this further. Slowly he opened his eyes but you could tell that he was extremely weak. 

"Dad," I said grabbing his hand. "Tell me what you were investigating so I can find a way to fix this." A small smile spread on his face and he weakly gripped my hand. 

"Son I don't think we can fix this." I have always had a great relationship with both of my parents but my father is my best friend. When I was younger we would have father-son picnics and he would teach me about pack duties and I was able to ask him all the questions I had about anything. We also had days that he would take me to the park and we would just have the time of our lives for hours on the swings and slides. The older I got he taught me the importance of a mate and loyalty not just as the future Alpha but as a future husband and father. He didn't want me to leave to go to training but I was eager to make him proud and show him that he raised me well. At this moment I wished I could have that time back and maybe I could have been there to stop him from getting sick.

The room was silent and he was looking at me and my mother who was now standing next to his bed holding his hand as well. Kimberly had moved back behind my mother but I could still see the tears in her eyes. She could feel what I was feeling in the moment and I wanted to console her as she looked into my eyes. Then my father's loud cough was heard through the room making me focus back on him. My mother grabbed the tissue for him to use and when he coughed into it blood was all over it. The coughing didn't stop and it was sounding worse making my mother panic she called for the nurse and pressed the alarm button but they weren't moving fast enough so she went to get them. 

When I look at Kimberly her eyes are a cloudy blue color and she steps to the side of my father's bed placing her hands on my father's stomach. My wolf and I could feel the power radiating off of her as my father's eyes closed.

"Kimberly, what are you doing?" She didn't answer me and just continued before she let him go and was falling to the ground but I moved fast enough to catch her. When the nurse came in she checked my father over and I laid Kimberly on the couch as her eyes slowly opened again.

"What happened?" she asked trying to sit up. 

"Lay back down," I said fixing the pillow under her head. "I'll explain everything to you later."

"He's healed," the nurse said making me snap my head back to where my father was laying. My mother looked back at me in disbelief and I looked down at Kimberly wondering how the hell she was capable of doing that. Her eyes closed and she was fast asleep with no idea that she just healed my father and saved his life.