Chapter 6

Chapter 6

        The sound of crunching and a light tapping on my shoulder pulled me from the recesses of my mind the next morning. When I had gotten home the night before I walked striaght to my room and collapsed into my bed. It was late and Jenna had already been sleeping. 

        It was Jenna who woke me up too. When I was able to pry my eyes open without squinting them back closed due to the light shining in through my window, it was her I saw. She was sitting on top of my bed side stand munching on a bowl of Lukcy Charms and kicking me with her foot. 

        "What do you want?" I mumbled grumpily. She had her all knowing smile plastered on her face. 

        "You got home late." She said matter-of-factly. 

        "Yeah. That doesn't explain why you are disturbing my slumber." I answered in my raspy morning voice.

        "Um. Hello! I need date details. And it's noon so you need to get up for class anyways." She looked at me expectantly. I sighed and sat up in my bed, running a hand through my hair. Or, trying to, it was so tangled my fingers got stuck. 

        "It was fine." I said before climbing out of bed and heading towards the kithcen.

        "Hey! I need more than 'It was fine' missy!" Jenna hopped off my night stand and trailed along behind me. I needed coffee in my system before I could even think about last night though. Everything was just so insane. It was too much to wrap my head around without my daily dose of coffee. 

        I poured myself a cup and grabbed the irish cream coffee creamer out of the fridge before turning to face Jenna. I could feel her staring daggars at me. I took a sip of my steaming coffee before grabbing a bowl out of the coubard and reaching for the box of Lucky Charms on the counter. Jenna however, saw an opportunity for a hostage situation and took it.

        "Hey!" I yelled when she snatched the box of cereal off of the counter. She had set her empty bowl down on the counter and made a run to the other side of the kitchen table. This was war.

        "Tell me about your date!" She screamed back.

        "Give me the Lucky Charms bitch!" I started chasing her around the table but she was just out of reach so I stopped. We stood staring each other down across the table. Both of us were stubborn and extremely determined to win. She blew her bangs out of her face and clutched the box of cereal to her chest. She wasn't going to give that thing up unless I told her about the date, or pried the box from her fingers. 

        I opted for prying the box out of her grasp.

        I faked left and then ran right which left her with no other option then to run towards the living room. I lunged and tackled her to the ground. We fell hard and we both moaned in protest but didn't stop fighting for the box. We couldn't face defeat. 

        "Give me the fucking cereal!" I swung my leg over her and grabbed the box, trying to peel her grabby little fingers off of it. 

        "How far did he get? Second base? Third? Was he nice? Was he a good kisser? Where did you go for dinner?" She started rapid fire asking me questions while I struggled to detach her hands from the box. All of that gaming had made her fingers really strong! "I have vice like grip Ava, you will never get the cereal!" 

        "Give it to me!" I growled, becoming increasingly frustrated. I didn't want to talk about what had happened. I wasn't even sure what had happened. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to see him again. He thought he was a werewolf!