Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A werewolf. An honest to god werewolf. Not only a werewolf, but an Alpha werewolf who wants me, a human, to be his Luna. To help him lead his pack. It is completely and totally nuts. He is completely and totally nuts if he thinks his mother will allow it. Or if he thinks I can handle the responsibility. Or if he thinks I know the first thing about wolf packs. So, pretty much if hes thinking at all, he's nuts.

"Ava Meyers, what a sight for sore eyes." A familiar voice spoke from behind me. I stopped wiping off the front counter at the diner to greet the owner of the voice.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled and threw my arms around my best friends neck. Sarah stumbled when I launched myself at her but stayed upright. Barely.

"Coming to see how my best friend is holding up in college." Sarah laughed and grinned widely. I'm sure I was smiling just as wide. I removed myself from her and laughed. It was nice to see her. A familiar face.

"I'm alright. Busy, but good." I responded and started dragging her toward a booth so we could sit down and talk.

"You must be very busy. You haven't been calling me back." Sarah tucked a blonde piece of hair behind her ear and looked down at the table.

"I know honey, I'm sorry. I have been so busy it's insane. But I am so glad you are here now. Are you staying the weekend?" It was Friday night and I only had one shift on Saturday. It would be nice to spend some girl time with Sarah and avoid reality.

"Yeah, if that's okay. I talked to your mom and she said to just drive up and surprise you." Sarah looked at me hopefully.

"Of course! I get done here in a few hours and then we can go back to my place. Want something to eat?" She smiled at me and nodded eagerly so I jotted down an order.

"I'm starving." I put in Sarah's order and then chatted with her while I cleaned some tables. Eventually I got busy but she caught me up on some senior year drama going down back home. Let's just say I'm not sad I left. The senior prank was a disgrace. And the school board came unglued. They thought it would be funny to fill the pool with fish. Apparently they didn't realize it would just be a giant fish massacre. Chlorine and fish don't exactly go well together.

The night was moving along pretty smoothly and happily until a certain man with grey eyes walked in the door of the diner. He was impossible to miss and I seen Sarah perk up the moment he walked in the door. I wanted to vomit. Things were about to get very complicated, very fast.

"Hey." His deep voice spoke and a small smile played on his lips. I ignored Sarah's shocked expression and walked up to him near the door. Leah, the hostess, shot me a dirty look. She probably thought I was trying to do her job tonight with how many people I was meeting at the door.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, sounding slightly panicked.

"I need to speak with you for a minute and I didn't know when would be a good time." He answered and glanced around the diner. I wasn't very busy anymore, and did have a minute, but I needed to get him out of the diner fast.

"Uh, now is not a good time. I'm very busy." I lied, and did a terrible job at it. He raised an eyebrow at the dining room, clearly wondering why I was being so weird.

"Are you sure? I promise it will just take a minute." I wanted so badly to say yes and spend a moment talking to him, but I couldn't. Sarah was going to get suspicious and then I would have to try and explain things. That wouldn't go well. Plus, she might tell my parents and then they would haul my ass back home in two seconds flat.