Chapter 8

I know what you're thinking... "Holy shit Jackie, you just updated yesterday!" and I know dear readers. I am amazing. Anyways, the rest of my week is pretty busy so don't expect another one until next week. Feel free to leave lots of feedback and vote if you enjoyed it. Thanks :)

I thought I was nervous waiting for Chase to pick me up this morning, but that was nothing. If that was nervousness, then this is a full on panic. I can't keep still for more than five seconds and my palms are disgustingly sweaty. I need to find something to do. Chase dropped me back off at my apartment after breakfast because he apparently had some things to do before he tried to prove himself. However, the wait was causing me to lose my nerve. Why couldn't I just live in the ignorant bliss that he was joking about the werewolf thing? Why do I like the psychopath?

'Stop thinking like that. Maybe magic does exist and he's not crazy' I told myself. Instant regret.I didn't want to think about what it meant if he was really a werewolf. That is a giant can of worms I have no desire to open. "Pull yourself together!" I yelled and stood up from where I was sitting on my couch. Thank god Jenna is in class and not here to see me go crazy.

 I decided right then that distraction was highly necessary. I made my way to my room and snatched my phone and headphones off my nightstand. A pair of sweats and  T-shirt seemed appropriate so I threw them on and shoved my ear buds in. I needed to drown out my thoughts. Drunk in Love by Beyonce came on my Pandora and I grinned. Music is exactly what I need. My hips started swaying and I danced through the apartment happily.

 I picked up all of the random trash lying around and tossed it out. I figured I might as well do something productive. I then gathered all of the dirty dishes, mainly consisting of cereal bowls, and filled the sink with soapy water. It didn't take me long to wash them up and Iggy Azalea kept me company, motivating me to keep moving. I put the wet dishes in the drying rack before going to get the vacuum. Jenna is going to be pleased when she comes home to a clean apartment. Usually she's the one bugging me to pick up a bit. 

 I lost track of time and soon I had dusted, organized, and wiped down every inch of the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. I had just started putting dishes away when No Flex Zone by Karmin and Watsky began playing. I am not going to lie, I threw my fist in the air. I knew this song by heart. I started singing (or should I say rapping?) along with it effortlessly. About halfway through the song I got a tap on my shoulder. My singing halted and I turned to see Jenna, home from class, and Chase standing behind her. I wanted to die.

 "Lover-boy here has been knocking on the door for a few minutes, but you apparently couldn't hear him rock star." Jenna was suppressing a fit of giggles, I could tell. So was Chase. My face was burning I'm sure. 

 "Sorry, I lost track of time." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I had thrown it up in a messy bun while cleaning. 

 "It's okay." Chase responded. He gave me a warm smile and offered me his hand. "You ready?" I almost said yes but looked down at myself in horror.

 "Uh... I need to change." I started to walk past him towards the hall but he snatched my hand. My head whipped toward him. 

 "You look cute." Was all he said. 

 "I look like a bum." I corrected.

 "A cute bum. Besides we are just going to my house." Chase reasoned with me. I gave up and nodded because I didn't feel like changing. Or arguing for that matter. My nervousness was coming back. However, I couldn't help but give him the benefit of the doubt. I laced my fingers with his and earned myself a smile. I returned it tentatively. "Come on." 

 He tugged on my fingers and led me towards the door. I slipped on my converse and followed him out to his car. My hand tingled where he touched it and I enjoyed the familiar feeling. It was odd, but definitely nice.