Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

I am freaking out. Not just worrying, but completely and totally flipping shit! I am going to dinner with the most attractive man I have ever seen. What am I supposed to wear? Should I dress casual? Should I dress up? Should I put my hair up or leave the mess of curls down? So many decisions and such little time. I had class this morning but I have the night off from work so that's good at least.

I didn't feel comfortable giving him my address so I told him I would just meet him wherever we were having dinner but he refused. He said it was a surprise. Thankfully he settled on meeting at the diner before going to dinner. I wasn't completely comfortable getting in a car with him but it was better than giving him my address. Plus, I felt comfortable around him other than the crazy hormones. I don't think he will hurt me.

"Jenna!" I scream from where I stand in front of my closet looking utterly helpless. I have shirts and pants laying all over my floor along with a few pairs of shoes. I am a mess and in need of some help. I have to meet him at the diner at seven thirty and it is six thirty. I am running out of time to get ready.

Jenna came barreling into my room with her eyes wide and face contorted in panic. "What's wrong? I'm here!" She sees me standing amoungst my clothes and a look of confusion replaces the look of panic. "What's going on? You sounded like you were being murdered or something!" She lets out a big puff of air and crossed her arms.

"I might as well be getting murdered!" I know I am being dramatic but I am honestly ready to text him that I'm sick and can't go. Not that I want to go in the first place... Who am I kidding? He's dreamy, of course I want to go! Not that I'm admitting that to him anytime soon.

"What's with the dramatics Ava? What's going on in here?" Jenna asks and motions to my mess of a floor.

"I am going to dinner with a really fucking hot guy and I have nothing to wear!" I sit down in the middle of my mess of clothes and pull my knees to my chest. I rest my forhead on my knees and groan in frustration. Jenna laughs at me and comes over to stand by me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Relax hun, give me thirty minutes and I will have him drooling over you like a dog." Jenna gives me a wicked grin and pulls me up from the ground. I really love this girl. I can't ask for a better girl to live with, or a better friend to have my back since Sarah can't be here.

Jenna pushes me over to sit on my bed and starts sorting through the clothes I had thrown everywhere. "Is it casual or dressy?" She asks me while examining a blue sequined top.

"I dont know." I whine. "See! It's going to be a disaster!" I bury my head in my hands and Jenna just laughs at me again.

"Settle down little miss drama queen. I got this." Jenna says confidently and goes to work making me try on multiple different outfits until we are both satisfied with how I look. We decide on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, a sheer floral blouse over a black tank top, and a pair of black ballet flats. Jenna then braids the front of my hair back and puts it all up into a neat bun. I put on some stud ear rings and some light makeup before leaving the house.

I am a bundle of nerves as I drive to the diner. Though at least now I am now confident in my outfit. Jenna thought going semi-dressy and semi-casual was the best solution. I am still a bundle of nerves though. I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of such an attractive man. Lord knows making a fool of myself is my specialty. I try to dissmiss all of my thoughts as sensless worrying when I pull into the parking lot of the diner.

Chase is waiting in the parking lot and is leaned up against a motorcycle. I am really really glad Jenna decided on jeans. I park and grab my jean jacket from my passenger seat, glad I remembered it. I slip it on before I get out of the car and start making my way over to Chase nervously. He sees me and has a small smile playing on his lips. He looks simply delicious leaning against his motorcycle in a black T-shirt, arms crossed so I can see his muscles flexing. Even his dark jeans fit just right. My eyes make their way up to his face and he smirks. Shit... he totally just caught me checking him out. My cheeks flush and I look away.