Chapter 4

I woke up first at six o'clock in the morning. I didn't wanna wake y/n so I just stayed in bed laying down looking at her.

This time she wasn't holding me, she was almost on top of me; I could feel her heartbeat at a steady pace. Her legs were tangled with mine, her face nestled was into my chest and her arms around my body.

This was new territory... she had never done this in her sleep. It made me want to hold her, so I did.

I put my hands on her pulling her close. After ten minutes she started to open her eyes.

"Hey", I said with a soft tone. She looked at me and didn't visibly freak out but her heart rate picked up, she closed her eyes and tightened her grip. Placing her head on my chest.

"How'd you sleep?", I asked her.

"Good", she said lazily.

"You?"

"It was-- restful which is saying a lot." Y/n started getting up, gathering clothes and heading into the bathroom.

It was restful, the best sleep I've had-- in a while. I didn't know what it was about her.

Y/N POV

I was sleeping on him... I enjoyed it-- he didn't get up when he saw me. Did he enjoy it too?

I spent the shower glossing over the fact I was cuddling with Hotch... for the first time. What the fuck?

I got out of the shower and Hotch was gone so I started to get changed. I put on a white dress shirt and a black slacks with black heels. Hearing someone at the door I go to open it.

It was Hotch holding some coffee and two muffins. "I got you some." He said holding it out.

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I wasn't going to take no for an answer this time. There's no reason why he should've treated any of us that way yesterday.

Hotch had time to process his problem and was no longer pissed about it. "Hayley's trying to get full custody of Jack. I got the news and it just put me in a bad place... I'm sorry."

Hotch walked into the room further and sat on the bed

"You could've said that instead of being a dick to the team." I took a bite of my muffin and sat down next to him.

"I know", he took a deep breath and laid back on the comforter.

"So do you know what's going to happen?"

"Not yet, see what the judge says and if they permit the request then-- I'm going to have to fight it. I'm not losing my son."

"It'll be okay." Why would she do that to him? A kid should have his father.

"I hope so."

____

We all waited for Kevin to arrive at the station to continue the investigation. I sat in the corner reading a book when Reid came up to me and sat down. "When are we going to finish watching the marathon?"

I chuckled, "When the case is done, I know you were really interested in them. Ya know before you passed out."

"The headache was too much to handle, with the light sensitivity I really shouldn't have been on the tv. All I did was make it worse." I looked over and patted his shoulder.

"Now you know for next time."

"Let's hope there isn't a next time." I put my book away and stood up. I made my way to JJ who was approaching Kevin in the main lobby.