Chapter V

Willie explained the situation to the boys. They sighed.

"So now what?" Reggie asked. I paced around the room and thought.

"From what I know you have three options here." They all looked at me.

"Option one: You go back to Caleb and work for him as he wants it." Luke stood up.

"No way! We can't leave Julie behind!" He exclaimed. I sighed.

"Option two: you'll let this stamp take your power and destroy you."

"Great. What a great choice." Alex looked up at Willie and was mentally destroyed. Willie looked down in guilt.

"Wait." Luke stood up and looked at me.

"You said there were three options. What's the last one?" All the boys looked at me.

"The most difficult one. You cross over." I said. Alex also stood up.

"How? We don't know what our unfinished business is." He said when they all got a stroke and fell. I looked at them in worries.

"We don't have that much time to find out." Luke said and looked at me in pain. I felt helpless. I looked at him and then looked down.

"I'm sorry. I have to go." I left the garage. When I left the house Luke ported in front of me.

"Wait." I looked at him and started to cry.

"I wish that I could hug you. I really do." He stated to form tears in his eyes.

"Luke..." I sobbed.

"I am so sorry. I wish I could do something. But I'm a loser. Just like I always have been" I crossed my arms in front of my chest. Luke bowed down to get me to look into his eyes.

"What are you talking about? You told us about the options we have. We didn't even know that you could see us. See me." He smiled while crying. I closed my eyes. I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Ay, please." He cried.

"Please look at me." I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him.

"I love you. So much. And I am so proud of you." He said. I took all of my strength to hug him, and I did. I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed. He took a second before he hugged my back by my waist.

"I love you so much" I whispered to him and cried into his shoulder. He also cried and let go of me.

"I need to check on the boys. But I will be back. I promise." He smiled and wiped the tears off my face. I nodded and he poofed out. When I went back inside all of the boys were gone. I sighed.

"Excuse me?" I turned around.

"What are you doing in my garage?" I tuned around and saw a young girl standing in front of me.

"Uh... Hey. This is your garage?" I had to think of a way out.

"Yeah. I live here in fact. So what are you doing here?" She crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. It's just- my brother used to play here with his band when I was a child." I explained.

"Your brother?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, he died. I just wanted to see where he liv- ed. I'm sorry again. I had no idea this was sold." I wanted to leave the garage when Luke popped up in front of us.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." The girl and I said in unison. We looked at each other and our eyes widened.

"You can see him too?" She asked me. I looked at Luke.

"I guess I will have some explanation to do." He said.

***

Luke explained to me that the girl's name was Julie and that she was the reason why they were here and visible. He also explained to Julie that I was his younger sister and that he had no idea up until today that I could see him. I looked at Julie.

"I am so sorry that I lied. I just thought that-"

"You would come over crazy if you said you were talking to your ghost brother. Got it." She smiled. I smiled back and looked at Luke.

"Mom and dad, can they...?" He shook his head.

"I tried. No chance." He looked down. I sighed and looked at him.

"It's fine. It's just... Not meant to be." He said. I nodded at him and went to the door.

"I gotta go. But here is my number in case you need me. You know where I live, brother." I waved and left. When I went up the stone stairs Reggie popped up in front of me.

"Ah!" I shouted.

"Haha sorry. I didn't meant to scare you. You're Aylice Luke's sister, right?" I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I guess we didn't quite get to talk to each other like that. You're Reggie, right?" He laughed.

"Yeah. Do you still remember me?" I nodded.

"Yeah I do... It was funny with you guys when you were still... Around" I said a little sad. It wasn't because of the fact that they were dead. Not at all. They were right there. But someday they were just not around at home anymore, and that was sad.

"I'm sorry, Ay. It was always so much fun with you. I remember how you always wanted to be part of the band when you were old enough." He laughed and so did I.

"That was amazing. I remember when I took your bass and almost fell and broke it." I laughed.
"Haha yeah. If I hadn't loved you back then I would've broken you just as you almost broke my bass" We both laughed. I sighed with a smile.

"I have to go home. But I'll see you soon." I smiled and went back home.