Chapter VI

!WARNING!

This chapter contains mentions of self harm and suicide. If you have any problems with that, it is probably the best if you skip this chapter. This will not be detailed, but mentioned.
If you have any struggles with these kinds of issues, please make sure to talk to somebody about this, no matter if friends, family, teachers, therapist or hotlines.

Otherwise, enjoy the chapter ❤️

It was night. I went into my bedroom and switched on the light on my nightstand when I saw a figure on the balcony. I noticed that it was Reggie.

"Hey." I said as I went outside to him.

"Hey." He answered when he turned around and looked at me. I walked up next to him and put my hands on the railing of the balcony.

"I did not expect a visitor at this time if I may be honest" I chuckled. Reggie looked at me.

"I'm sorry. I just- needed some place to think in quiet. And to be alone." He said and looked down.

"O-oh. I'm sorry. I guess I'll go back inside then." I  turned around when his hand touched mine.

"Wait." I looked at him and I saw him looking at our hands.

"H-how can I feel you?" I looked at him and blushed.

"That's... Kind of a long story..." I looked away in shame. Reggie looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I put my hands back on the railing. I took a deep breath.

"You need to promise me one thing: no word to my brother. Ever!" I said to him and he nodded. I told him the story.

"After you guys died, mom and dad gave me to a foster family because they thought it would be the best for me. Truth is: it wasn't. They made my life to a greater hell than it already was. My feelings and creativity were not important. I should 'Work on my career' as they always said. When I was 16 I couldn't bare it anymore." I pulled my scarf down. There was a long scar on my neck.

"They left me to study on my 16th birthday. I tried to hang myself on that day. I was already dead, but then Willie found me. He got me down and brought me back to life. So you could say, I am part ghost." I chuckled, but Reggie didn't. He looked serious at me and I looked down in embarrassment.

"Who else knows?" He asked me.

"Me, Willie and... Now you." I answered. Reggie hugged me tight. He started to cry.

"Don't ever do this again, do you hear me?" I hugged him back.

"I promise" I started to cry as well.
"Just promise me that you won't tell Luke a thing about this, okay?" I asked once more. Reggie sighed and then nodded.

"Okay." I hugged him tight again. He hugged me back and buried his head in my neck.

"I missed you so much" He whispered.

"I missed you too, Reggie" I whispered back. We let go of the hug.

"I should go, right?" He looked into my eyes. I looked down and blushed.

"I mean… I have to get some sleep. But if you want… I guess you can stay." I told him. He smiled but shook his head.

"Thank you. But you need your privacy. I'll see you." I nodded and he poofed out, I went inside and closed the door to my balcony.

A few days later I was sitting in my room and played some guitar. Then Luke poofed in. I put my guitar to the side.

"Hey." I smiled. He had his hands in his pockets.

"Hi." He said and stood there. I chuckled.

"Don't you want to sit down?" I asked. He smiled and sat down on the bed next to me.

"Can I talk to you?" I looked at him and nodded.

"What is it?" I asked.

"What happened after I died?" I looked at him.

"Well... We were all sad. Mom and dad had to comprehend everything and-"

"No." He stopped me.

"You should be about 30 years old now. But you still look like you're 16. What happened?"

'Did Reggie say anything?' I thought to myself.

"I have no idea what you're talking About." I looked away, but Luke took my hand.

"Don't lie to me, Aylice." Only then he noticed.

"How can I feel you?" He looked at me.

"Luke..." I looked down.

"I-" He looked at me and waited for an explaination.

"I'm part ghost myself" I looked down.

"How? I thought you were alive." He asked. I shook my head.

"I am. But I am part ghost because Willie saved my life when I was practically dead." I was ashamed to tell that to my brother. He looked at me as I avoided eye contact.

"What did you do, Ay?" I closed my eyes.

"I tried to kill myself…" I silently admitted. Luke's eyes widened. Tears formed in them.

"Why?"  He raised his voice and so did I.

"Because I couldn't bare life anymore. I had no family anymore after you died! I was alone. Without friends, without hope. I wanted to be with you again!" I cried. He cried too and hugged me tight.

"Ay... I am... So sorry that I wasn't there" He cried into my shoulder. I also cried into his.

"I missed you so much, Luke" I whispered.

"I couldn't be without you anymore. Everything I did… I wanted to make you proud. But the only thing I could do was to disappoint you." I cried. He let go of the hug and held my arms in his. His eyes were red from crying.

"Aylice. I am so, so proud of you. You built all of this up by yourself. And even after I left you are still willing to help me. I am so thankful to have you as my little sister!" I smiled at him and wiped his tears away.

"I will do anything I can to help you cross over" I promised.

"It's okay, Ay. As Long as we can do Music until we go…" I looked down in thought.

"Wait… That's it!" I stood up and he looked up at me in confusion.

"It has to have to do with your Music! Think About it: You died and you came back as a band. Your Instruments are attached to your soul. Julie can make you visible when you do music together. She is a musician herself. And you died before you played the Orpheum-" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"The Orpheum..." Luke looked at me with a questioning look.

"Remember that you died shortly before you should perform there? Maybe this is it. Maybe this is your unfinished business" I explained. He looked down, thinking.

"You're right. I will go tell the guys!" He smiled and poofed out.