Coruscare

"Hold on, I don't get it. The poor girl couldn't have washed up from a shark attack. There aren't sharks or any type of predetors in these waters, Coroner. And those bite marks around her neck couldn't have been from any fish! They're too straight and perfectly placed-"

"Deputy. We are the experts here. I assure you, it can't be anything other than a fish attack whether it was a mere guppy or an orca. Take her away!"

Ron groaned and ran a hand through his wavy red locks as the Coroners wheeled the body away. "I don't get it. How could-" he whispered to himself. "Give it a rest, Weasle. We have duty," McMillan stated and Ron rolled his eyes, walking away to continue his watch around the beach. He was irritated. It seemed nobody was listening to him. The body that Ernie had found on the very beach he was strolling seems to have been involved in some type of shark attack. But there weren't any sharks in the east waters of Goldenville. Only in the south. There is a possibility that the girl had been attacked in the south but examination shows that she had only been dead for less than an hour. It would take much longer for her to wash up on the beach during low tide. But what irritated Ron the most, was that the bite marks on the girls neck were perfectly aligned. As if someone had taken a pair of the perfect teeth and had bitten her several times. The bite marks were obviously made by a fish's teeth, there was no doubt about that. But the possisioning was too perfect.

Ron bit his lip and stared at the ocean. It was already dark. The Coroners and Police had already left. Ron could barely make out Ernie's silhouette in the darkness of the night. Looking around a bit more, he noticed that he and Ernie were the only ones on the beach. Everyone else had left which was probably wise due to the late hour. Choosing to stare at the dark ocean, Ron let his lip go and sighed loudly, running a hand through his bright hair. The ocean churned beautifully and he smiled, getting lost in his own thoughts until the weirdest thing snapped him out of his trance. He swore he spotted something near the docks. But that would be impossible. The beach was deserted and the water had gone from churning smoothly to becoming still as glass. Flashing his military grade flashing light Ron stared hard at the dark water near the docks.
Everything was so still. So quiet. Looking around, Ron lost sight of Ernie and his flashlight felt hot, as if it were to short circuit at any moment. "Hello?" He called.

Nothing

Ron chuckled to himself, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He felt stupid. Stupid that even for a second, he thought, maybe even hoped, that the yellow eyed Mer would make an unpredictable appearance. It was stupid. Delusional even. Smiling meekly to himself, Ron checked the time on the old, leather bound watch he wore on his wrist. It was nearly eleven. His phone vibrated and he put it to his ear. "McMillan?"

"Our shift's over so I'm leaving. Potter is in the parking lot waiting for you,"

The line cut and Ron grinned. At least he'd get to complain about the Ernie and the Coroners to Harry on the way back home. Hopefully Hermione was waiting with Harry as well, but he doubted that. Knowing his girlfriend, she was probably asleep. Grinning at the ocean one more time, his hands on his hips, Ron turned around to leave and nearly fell to the ground when something launched itself towards him, missing and falling into the cold sand, gasping and gagging almost uncontrollably.

Ron cluched his heart, breathing heavily as he doubled over and stared at the person who had fallen over. They were making a long choking sound, as if the fresh air was hurting them. "Water-" they rasped and Ron rose an eyebrow, his eyes wide and his heart hammering against his chest. The rasping person continued gagging and he didn't know what to do until the person grabbed onto his leg and he screamed. "W-wa-water- please," They rasped again and Ron's shaking body doubled over again, grabbing their rough hands. As quickly as he could, Ron tried not to fall over as he dragged the discordant figure into the water, soaking the bottom of his pants. He let go of the person before running onto the damp sand, away from them. His heart still hammering and his breathing heavy.

The strange figure stopped rasping and gasping before lying face down in the water, unmoving. "Are you alright?!" Ron asked, having no clue what to do. "Look, hey. I'm a police officer. I can drive you home if you like?"

Ron's eyes widened and he blushed when the figure stood up, somehow only realizing at that moment that they were naked. "Coruscare," was all the person said before their eyes rolled back into their head and Ron caught them before they hit the water.