The Beginning

"Okay, okay. Calm down. We-"

"Harry, just a minute ago you were convinced I was on crack and now you're telling me to calm down?!" Ron hissed, poking Harry painfully in the chest. "There are two mermaids in our back yard! One of which nearly killed Weaslebee and the other just told us you endangered them! Can you please stop fighting and figure out what the hell we're going to do?!" Draco snapped so furiously his cheeks were becoming more pink with every word he spoke. Ron and Harry nodded, though still heated from their previous argument. Hermione sighed. "Someone has to go talk to them. Butter them up a little," she stated and all three boys stared at her in shock. "Well I can't. I basically forced him  to-to... You know what happened," Ron said quietly, his ears putting his hair to shame. "Well I just found out about this half an hour ago. It can't be me," Harry stated, staring Ron down with angry disappointment. Hermione, Ron and Harry all stared at Draco who had been looking at his nails the entire conversation before looking up at them in disbelief.

"Why are you all looking at me?! Why not Granger?!" He asked and Ron folded his arms. "Hermione should stay here and keep us all in check. You, I don't mind getting hurt," he stated and Harry punched his arm. Draco's mouth fell open at Ron's statement and he grimaced. "Besides, they seem to like you. The male didn't try kill you when you fixed his arm last night," Hermione added and Draco furrowed his eyebrows. "That's because he was unconscious the whole time!" He snapped and Hermione rolled her eyes. "Just do it, mate! We're wasting valuable time here. Just ask them a few questions and when you're sure they won't kill me, call us," Ron said firmly and the blonde groaned, moving towards the door. "Oh, and Draco?" His hand grasped the door handle before his boyfriend said in a soft, almost scared voice. Though Draco could tell Harry was trying to be sarcastic.

"Don't die,"

"Stultus es? Quid existis in inferno relinquere!? Et si esset, non esset mortuus sum humani! Et pejus est, nescit quid sunt! (You were stupid! Why the hell did you leave?! You could've died if it weren't for the human! And worse, it knows what we are!)" The naked female said angrily, pointing an accusing finger at the male Mer whose name Draco had forgotten. It seemed the minute he entered the yard,  both stopped talking, looking angry, feral and dominant. Draco wanted to cower in on himself and go back inside but he knew that wasn't an option now.

"Latin, right? I learned it in my second year of collage as a hobby to pass time." He said, trying to ease his own tenseness by starting polite small talk. The Mers seemed to not care about what he had said and he took that as a sign to take another step closer.

"Took me a while to get it but in time, I was able to understand it and speak it fluently," he added, taking yet another step closer. "Now what are you really?" Draco's third step was a big mistake on his part. The female immediately brandished white, dagger like teeth. Her eyes gleaming like that of a white crystal. Meanwhile, the male Mer stood completely still. Doing nothing but glaring. His sharp glare making Draco more scared by the second. Draco jumped back when the female hissed, his heart Jack rabbiting against his ribcage. He put his hands up as a sign of peace before he began to speak again.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I came unarmed.  I just want to have a civilized conversation. Maybe help me understand a bit about you," he said and watched in wonderment as the male made a growling noise to the female, who reciprocated with another growl, nodding. Draco stood as still as humanly possible as the male walked up to him, staring him down. Then, to Draco's shock, he sniffed him. After the male took a wiff of the blonde's hair, he stooped down slightly and the two were eye to eye. Draco screamed when the Mer licked up the bridge of his nose, jumping back. The Mer thought for what seemed like years, causing Draco's heart to beat faster and faster and finally, he walked back over to his companion who seemed to not care about what had just happened.

Draco was very confused, and quite frankly, still scared. He flinched when the female Mer opened her mouth to speak.

"My name is Pansy. This is my pod-brother, Blaise."

Draco stared at the two, wide eyed and nodding slowly. The hell is a pod-brother?

"Well, P-Pansy. My name is-"

"Draco Lucius Malfoy. Twenty five years of age, born fifth of June 1995, son of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. Educated at Harvard where you studied to be a doctor and are now a surgeon at Midway Medical Hospital in Silver Lake, a small town south of England. Boyfriend to Harry James Potter, good friends to Hermione Jean Granger and Ronald Bilius Weasley. Vegetarian and highly allergic to vast amounts of specific essential soap oils."

Draco's mouth fell open...

What the fuck...