The Favourite

The car slowed to a stop and Ron flinched, removing his head from the windowsill where it had been the past half an hour. He groggily stepped out of the car and an immense amount of relief washed over him as he stared up at his old, crooked childhood home.

Fields of wheat and maze stretched across open land for miles all around a long, stocky old wooden house with several floors. The house looked seasoned, as if it were to collapse and break at any moment but Ron knew it was sturdy. Not because of the dark, old burgundy wood that held it together, but because of the family that resided inside. Outside the house was a small vegetable farm and chicken coup and a few meters away, closer to the wheat field was a lobsided garage where Ron would often used to hide to get away from the red confines of his family. To have a little time to himself.

Ron breathed it all in and sighed. Only now realizing how much he needed this. For he was home.

The Burrow

"Dray? Draco!"

Ron looked back and chuckled when the blonde flinch violently out of his sleep, glaring daggers at his boyfriend. "We're here." Harry rolled his eyes, stretching his legs. Hermione and Draco both limped out and the four of them stood at the foot of the house, breathing in the fresh air as sunset fell. Suddenly, the front door opened and a short, plump woman hurried out. An enormous grin plastering her face.

"Ron!" She screamed and Ron blushed as his mother, Molly Weasley hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek and his forehead. "Hey mum." He replied and she shook her head of firey hair, placing her hands on her hips. "You keep growing!" She scolded and Ron pursed his lips, trying not to smile at his mother. Turning towards Harry, Draco and Hermione, Molly squealed and pulled the three into a bone crushing group hug. Ron almost  felt left out. Almost, he thought indignantly.

"Aw, Harry! My boy, look at you!" Molly cooed at her second son, a fond smile growing on Harry's face. The female Weasley turned to Hermione with pride. "'Mione, oh, look how beautiful you are. You must tell me about work, dear. And your injury! I want explanations from all  four of you!"

Ron's POV

An angry fire burnt in my mother's chocolate eyes and I gulped, knowing that the conversations to come wouldn't be as peachy as this little reunion. My mom held Draco's hands and smiled a nurturing smile at him. He smiled back. "Draco, dear. Still too skinny." She whispered, taking the four of us by surprise and I snorted. Draco shot a glare at me before chuckling. "Have you been eating the amount I told you too last we visited?" My mother asked and Draco opened his mouth to speak but Harry beat him to it. "Yes, he definitely has. He eats almost us much as Ron now." He chortled and both Draco and I glowered at him, offended, whereas Hermione snorted into her hand.

Suddenly, realization dawned on my mother's face and she began bustling us inside. "Oh, the others will be so please to see you four! And you must sit down. Hermione and Draco need to rest." She said sternly and I rose an eyebrow. "Others?" I repeated and my mother nodded, closing the door behind us. I lost my train of thought as I gazed around my childhood home. It was as if nothing had changed. The warmth of the house still filled my chest with relief.

"Yes, Ronald. Don't think you're the only child of mine who happened to visit this weekend. Charlie's here. Bill's here. Ginny, Luna and little Xen are here and so is George and Lee."

My eyes widened. Almost every Weasley was here besides my older brother Percy and my father, Arthur. I knew my dad was on a business trip that would hopefully keep my parents out of debt for a while if he did well. I'd wanted to ask my mum about it whislt we were here for our weekend off of work and Hermione and Draco's recovery but it was far from my mind at the moment.

For some reason, I was actually excited to see my siblings, their lovers, and in Ginny's case, her son. My nephew Xenophilius. I didn't get along much with my siblings, like most, but I still cared. I kept in touch with each one as we went our separate ways after school. But the thought of seeing them in person in only a few seconds made my stomach churn with excitement. I hadn't seen them all in such a long time.

"Ronnie!"

I rolled my eyes and groaned at the old nickname that only one person in the entire household still called me by. "Charlie, I've told you not to call me that! It's stupid!" I sneered and my older brother merely shrugged. If possible, Charlie seemed to have gotten more freckles since I last saw him, making his skin look way  more tanned than the rest of us. His build was stocky, similar to the twins and Bill. He didn't look different in the slightest but looked completely different at the same time. With his job, I rarely saw him albeit him probably being my favourite sibling. Charlie rolled his bright blue eyes, similar to my own before hugging me. I hugged back, smiling.

Next to walk in were my big brother George and his best friend Lee Jordan. George was really tall, stocky and muscular like most of my other brothers. He looked a lot like Bill, if you leave out the long hair, piercings, scars and earrings. Next to him stood Lee. Lee had been my brother's best friend since the day he started Hogwarts. He's practically part of the family now. Whislt my brother stood at about 6,2, Lee was shorter at 5,9. It pained me to say however, that the two idiots apparently still haven't realized their feelings for each other.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled at the thought.

After Lee and George came my second least favourite, but still one of my favourite Weasley siblings, Ginny. Next to her stood her fiancé, Luna and in her arms she held a sleeping baby with bright red hair and freckles covering every inch of his body.

"About time you showed up!" George grinned, patting me on the back. "Now all we need to Bill and dad back and someone will have to sleep outside. I vote Malfoy." Everybody in the room laughed except for my mother and Draco. My mum scolded George with an intense glare whereas Draco narrowed his eyes on my brother, sneering. "Ha, ha. Very funny." He said sarcastically and George winked, moving away to pat Harry on the back and give Hermione a kiss in the cheek. "So, Ron, Harry, Mione, Draco. What brings you  back home?" Ginny asked interrogatively and I pursed my lips, raising an eyebrow. "I could be asking you the same thing. And do I really need an excuse to see my family?" I asked and Ginny rolled her eyes, doing a very good job at hiding the smile I knew was trying to make an appearance on her face. I ignored the worst Weasley and focused my attention on her fiancé and child whom I adored more.

Luna bounced towards us, her golden hair gliding along her shoulders gracefully. She hugged Draco first, their resemblance still an odd thing to me. "It's been a while, God-brother. I hope you haven't had any wrackspurts while we were away?" She asked happily and Draco smiled fondly at her. "No wrackspurts here." He said and the girl grinned, angling her head forward to kiss her son's cheek.

"Xen's been having trouble with them lately." She whsiepred airily and the little baby boy giggled, grabbing at her hair with his small, slightly darker hands contrasting with his mother's pale ones. "Wack-pwerts!" He slurred, giggling straight after he spoke and I cooed. I take it back. He was my favourite Weasley. Sorry Charlie...

Harry immediately carefully took Xen out of Luna's grasp and grinned at him, rocking him against his chest. His eyes lulled closed and he began to drift off.

"The Golden Trio -with the addition of Draco- in the flesh. Man, it's been a while."

I looked up to see Lee giving Hermione and Harry a hug before giving Draco and I what you'd categorize as' bro-hugs'. I grinned. If Lee and George were together, he'd definitely  be my favourite after Xen. Again, sorry Charlie. I guess you're in third place now.

"How was Australia?" I asked and his grin widened, showing of his blinding teeth. "It was amazing, mate! The competition was great! I got second and the prize money was bonkers too! But that was only semi-finals. Next stop, Hawaii!" He mused as he spoke with his entire body, his eyes so bright they lit up the room. Lee was a professional surfer. He and George travel all around the world when Lee gets invited to competitions and Lee was slowly making his way up the board. (haha, get it?)

He's one of the best in England and I'm proud to have him as a friend.

Suddenly, a thought came to me and my smile fell. I rose an eyebrow, looking around.

"Where's Bill?" I asked.

Lee's smile faded.