Ron's Saviour

"Ron, he has to go!"  Was the first thing Harry said to me the minute he dragged me back inside. "He's not a mermaid. He's just a delusional man who probably hit his head somewhere. Why the hell would you bring him into our house?!",  Harry screamed and before I could answer, he turned to Draco with an accusing finger.
"And why the hell would you let him?!" Draco's hands lifted in defense and Harry stared at his boyfriend in disbelief. "Harry, you have to believe me, mate! I went on a walk the first day we were here and I met him on the docks! I went for another walk last night and he was unconscious on the beach. He must have-have-"
"Washed up onto shore?" Harry said sarcastically and Ron turned to him with anger boiling through his blood. "Yes!"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, walked so close to Ron their noses were touching and put a hand on his shoulder. "Ron, I need you to be honest with me," he said and Ron nodded, panting.

"Are you taking drugs?"

"NO!"

Ron stormed into the kitchen, leaving Harry irritated and Draco on the brink of crying of laughter. Ron was furious. He wasn't about to attempt to prove that Blaise was indeed a Mer because of the state of his arm. He had lost a lot of blood the night before and Ron didn't want to injure him further. But more importantly, he didn't want to be eaten. Running a hand through his sleep stricken hair, he sighed, both his arms resting on the counter. Suddenly, a warm hand began to trace his back softly and tingles ran up Ron's spine, tickling every inch of his torso. "Ron. I'm going to say this in the most calming way I can muster as of right now. I think we should maybe see a doctor about-"

Ron flung Hermione's hand off of him and she jumped back, astonished. "Why is Draco the only one that believes me?!" He shouted and in his rage, began to do the very thing he sought not to. He grabbed a large baking bowl from the cupboard and filled it to the brim with water. Hermione watched in confusing, gasping as her boyfriend took the glass salt shaker and smashed it against the table. Harry and Draco ran into the kitchen at the sound of the noise and too, watched in shock. Ron swept all the salt into the bowl and used his hand to mix. As he did so, he began to balance the large bowl in his hands and he stalked towards the sliding doors. "Ron-"
Ron didn't listen as his name was continuously being called out. He wretched the glass door open with his free, though wet hand and looked around the garden for Blaise who hadn't moved from where he and Harry had left him. Hermione and Draco both seemed to realize what he was about to do and in unison, both screamed.

"RON, DON'T-"

SPLASH!

Ron dropped the bowl with a loud thump and jumped back so quickly he fell into Harry who caught him just as the chaos began. They all watched in horror as the Mer screeched a sound that was so loud it was painful to listen to. Ron's hands made to cover his ears, but he couldn't. He couldn't. And he hadn't the slightest clue why. All he could do was stare at the Mer and shudder violently as the unnatural screech assaulted his ears and things began to change. His friends around him all clutching the sides of their heads.

Once the screeching had stopped, Harry, Hermione and Draco stared at Ron and Blaise in disbelief and shock. Both Ron's ears had dark red blood slowly pouring out of them, though he made no move to clean it up. Their eyes roved over to Blaise who was upright and furious. Three, gills were protruding from the Mer's neck, moving to the beat of his heavy breaths and his eyes were a bright yellow. His teeth sharper than knifes. He didn't look the slightest bit human, yet he did at the same time. The Mer almost looked ethereal and the three of them couldn't believe what they were seeing.
Ron turned around slowly, seeming to come back to reality as he wiped the blood off his ears. He looked shaken and angry. But most of all, he looked scared.
"Believe me now?" He asked and Harry gulped. "Yeah, yeah we-"

Hermione screamed and Harry yelped whilst Draco merely gasped and fell to the ground. The Mer had grabbed the hem of Ron's shirt and had flung him into the pool, diving after him with such force the water soaked all three of them. The sheer force of the water sent Harry and Hermione on the floor along side Draco as they watched hoards of  bubbles surface and the two figures in the water thrashed around violently. They couldn't do anything-

Suddenly, a second splash drenched them all and with a great lurch from inside the water, Ron was thrown onto the pavement right in front of them. Coughing and spluttering water. Harry scrambled toward his best friend, muttering his name quietly whilst wrapping his back. After a while, Ron came too and hugged him, his tears sinking into Harry's shirt. Draco and Hermione stood up abruptly as a figure hauled itself effortlessly out of the pool, soaking wet and dangerously familiar. Their eyes white, heaving gills on show. Their teeth like daggers. "You shouldn't have done that-" they panted angrily, motioning to the outraged Mer still sitting motionlessly at the bottom of the pool. Though Ron could tell he was listening.

"You've endangered us all-"