The Vacation Home

The nexy day, everyone took thier bags and they left the hotel. Harry called an Uber that drove them to Bright Bay, a quite but fancy neighborhood overlooking the ocean.
In the car, Ron looked out of the window at the passing shops, the city streets and soon enough, fancy houses in the small neighborhood. The Uber pulled up and the house, Harry payed her and they all got out. Ron gasped. The house was way better looking in person. It had a modern, white and black exterior and high walls with large windows. Draco took out something from his pocket which Ron resembled as keys and unlocked the gate. Ron gasped again. The front porch was beautiful and very aestheticly pleasing and the garden. Was huge with a large pool that had two, flowing waterfalls filling it. "Oh, Draco. Are you sure your aunt won't mind?" Hermione asked hesitantly and Draco made a careless gesture with his hand. "Nope. She loves you three. She'll be happy to have you," he said, smiling and Hermione nodded. He unlocked the front door and showed Ron and Hermione their rooms. (The house is a flat)
Hermione flopped on the bed and groaned. "This is the fanciest house I've ever been in.
She sighed and Ron nodded, replaying with a quite "same,". Hermione stood up from the bed and stared at him. "What's up with you lately? Your head is always some where else," she pouted and Ron walked closer to her. "It's just.... Work, you know. I'm sure Harry feels the same way. Wondering if we'll ever catch the thing killing all those people," he lied and Hermione hugged him. "You'll think about that when we get back. We still have four days, Ron. Enjoy it!" She said. Ron leaned over and gave her a peck on the lips before walking into the bathroom. He didn't like lying to Hermione, but if she new the actual reason his head was out of the clouds he wouldn't live to see another day. Ron stared at himself in the mirror. His ginger hair nonchalantly fell over of his face as he leaned above the basin, observing himself. He never really liked the way he looked. Yes, his parents told him he was good looking. Yes, Hermione told him he was handsome. Yes, Harry told him he was muscular and had a great body but sometimes, Ron didn't understand. He didn't understand why everyone only looked at him, but never did one person, besides Harry, Hermione and Draco ever actually care about Ron as himself. His true self. Not what he looked like on the outside. Ron huffed out the many strands of hair covering his eyes. He really needed a haircut. "Ron? You okay in there?" Ron jumped, he hadn't noticed how long he had been in the bathroom for, just staring at his own reflection. "Y-yeah! Sorry. I'm fine. Must've eaten something funny!" He shouted and he could practically feel Hermione rolling her eyes fondly. "Take your time then! I'll make you some tea," she said but Ron didn't reply. He listened and waited for the door to close and for her footsteps to vanish outside. Once they did, he opened the door and fell into the bed, groaning against the sheets. His mind slowly started drifting to the night before, of the Mer when he had jumped through Ron's hotel window. He chuckled. Giant baffoon, Ron mused to himself. Yes, he was still very much afraid of Blaise, but he wasn't going to let the Mer intimidate him. There was no chance he could've figured out which house they were in. Yes, Ron had told him which neighborhood but that was nothing..... Right? Ron's mood suddenly swung into one of apprehension. Was Blaise going to find him again? Would they actually have another encounter? Ron's head started swimming (get it) and he groaned in frustration just as Harry walked into the room. "I brought your tea. 'Mione said you were having some stomach problems. Sorry mate," Harry chuckled and Ron sat up, taking the hot cup from him. "Thanks mate." He whispered into the cup, blowing on the top. Harry gave him a small nod before sinking onto the bed, next to Ron. "Dray and I were watching the news just now. They'll be another storm today so we're thinking of ordering some take out and having a movie night. You in?" He asked and Ron sipped fervently on his tea. "Course! But we have to watch Die Hard!" He said and Harry rolled his eyes. "Ask Hermione and Draco. You know I'm in," he said and Ron whooped in triumph before taking another sip of his tea.

Later that night, Ron, Hermione, Draco and Harry sat on the couch, wrapped in blankets. Harry had fallen asleep in Draco's lap having Draco had fallen asleep a few minutes after Die Hard had started. Both wrapped in a shared fluffy blanket. Hermione had dozed off against Ron's chest and Ron, to his dismay, seemed to be the only one awake. The movie was still playing but was only a blured noise in the background. Everything felt so stuffy and he needed to breathe, so, getting tired of the constant body heat, Ron carefully lay Hermione against Draco instead and decided to take a walk. He had almost  forgotten there was a storm. The wind howled louder than it had the night before and the harsh rain pricked at his painfully. But Ron didn't care. He felt free in the solitude and, even though the rain, the wind, the trees and the raging waves were ringing in his ears, it was the most serene feeling Ron had felt since two days ago, the early morning on the dock. Absent mindedly, Ron started strolling through the street towards the beach two minutes walking distance away from the vacation house . His sandels were wet and he couldn't feel most of his legs but, like the painful rain, he didn't really care. He did however flinch when a tree swayed too ominously towards the path he was taking. Shrugging it off, he continued. He took a short flight of stairs coated with wet, slippery sand down to the beach where small rivers of water were flowing harshly through the damp earth. Lightning struck the sky as the the waves crashed against the sand, casting a bright, white light on everything. Ron looked up. It was breathtaking really. He then stared at the ocean for a long time. It looked terrifying. The waves seemed larger from where he stood. Darker. Deadlier. They probably were deadly with this type of storm taking place, but at the moment, Ron didn't care how dangerous being outside was. He needed to clear his mind. Properly. Suddenly, there was another loud, strike of lightning and the crash of thunder and Ron's breath hitched in his throat. Just as the lightning had stuck, he had seen a large silhouette in its light. Feeling reckless and curious, Ron carefully stalked forward, getting dangerously close to the sea. Lightning stuck again and this time, Ron felt like he couldn't breathe. He had gotten close enough to know what the silhouette was. Laying seven feet away from him was the Mer. Blaise.

Ron didn't know what to do. Blaise was human, that's for sure. Well.... He had legs and that was all that Ron could concur from his place a few feet away but the Mer wasn't moving. Ron could see his chest rising and falling slowly and to his surprise, he let out a sigh of relief. Why he was happy the thing was alive? He didn't know. Then it hit him. The Mer was hurt! Without knowing what was really happening, Ron skidded through the sand and dropped to his knees, hesitant to touch Blaise. He gasped. There was a fishing hook sticking out if his arm, piercing a vein that Ron knew, from  experience, was fatel if punctured. The amount of blood loss would kill you in half an hour. How long has it been there?!
Ron shuddered and ran a hand through his soaking hair before grazing his hand over Blaise. He was freezing! Gathering up all the strength and courage Ron had, he wobbled over to Blaise's other side and lifted his torse. After a while, Blaise was finally propped in Ron's arms and, with one last glance at the furious waters, he carried the Mer back to the safety of the Vacation home.