Whale Watching

"Oh, Ron. I just read your note. How was your walk?" Hermione asked as Ron collapsed on the couch in the lounge and Ron muttered a quick 'refreshing'. But that was a lie. That had been the least refreshing walk he had ever taken. His mind was swimming with thoughts that he couldn't decipher and he needed a drink. "Are Harry and Draco up?" He asked and Hermione nodded, turning the page in her magazine. "Yeah, they're taking a shower. You probably should too," she added and Ron nodded. He stood up and ran into the bathroom, stripping his clothes. The hot water against his skin momentarily reminded him of the Mer's tongue and he immediately turned it cold. After his shower, he got dressed in the typical shorts and shirt before leaving his and Hermione's room. Harry was sitting on Draco's lap in the sitting room and they both smiled when he came it. "'G morning." They said simultaneously and Ron chuckled. "Good morning to you too. Where do you reckon we go today? Sight seeing?" He suggested and Hermione put her magazine down. "I actually booked us for an hour long boat ride around the reef. There's supposed to be whales passing through this week!" She said excitedly and the three boys beamed. "Great idea 'Mione! The whales don't pass through back home." Harry said and Hermione grinned. They took their backpacks and left the room. "What time?" Draco asked and Hermione checked her watch. "In two hours. I saw a mall just over there with a food court. Let's get breakfast," she suggested and they all walked to the mall for breakfast. Ron had to admit, fish and chips did make him momentarily forget out the Mer, but it stuck to the back of his mind as he ate. After breakfast, they roamed around the mall for a good thirty minutes until Hermione indicated that it was time to leave. They took an Uber to the boat dock and there was a large cruise ship waiting for them and a lot of other people. A man in a suit checked his watched and started letting everyone in. The four of them stepped onto the ship excitedly and Ron looked around. There were families, couples, children, people who were alone and the shop staff. Like Harry had said, whales never passed their home. Neither did dolphins so an opportunity like this was amazing. The ship soon took of and Ron marveled at the ocean, the waves slowly lapping at the side of the boat. "Look! Is see one!" Shouted a little girl with long brown hair excitedly. All of the ships occupants leaned over the railing just in time to see the large whale make a short appearance. The host started talking about the whales and which types passed by. Hermione and Draco were engrossed in the knowledge, Harry was snaking at the food bar, which left Ron to stare out into the open sea. Then it happened. He suddenly felt the feeling of eyes on him again. He looked around. Everyone was focusing on either the host or the snack bar. His heart started racing and he squinted at the ocean. He saw it. He saw him. Ron turned just in time to see glistening, dark scales surface for a fraction of a second before submerging itself back into the water.

Blaise?

Ron felt weird saying the name in his head. Now that he thought about it, he had never referred to the Mer as Blaise. He always called him 'it' or 'the thing' or 'the creature'.
Never Blaise. The crowd gasped as another whale made its appearance and Ron rejoined Hermione, Harry and Draco. "What were you looking at?" Hermione asked him and Ron gulped. "I just, thought I saw something but it was just a fish." He smiled and Hermione nodded, taking the bait.
(Get it? Bait? OK I'll stop).
Ron didn't feel the eyes on him again for the rest if the cruise and he, Draco, Harry and Hermione all left pretty satisfied at thier chance to see the whales and a few dolphins. "I say we go to the beach and chill?" Draco suggested and the three of them nodded. They went to the hotel, changed out of thier cloths and into more suitable beach clothes before walking to the beach. Draco and Hermione set up beach chairs and sat in each of them and Harry and Ron ran into the water. After an hour, Harry started building sandcastles with a little boy named Nigel and Ron was left to sit in the ocean, the wet sand refreshing him. In the distance, he saw a shiny seashell and he wanted it. Draco was making a collection so it might be a great addition. He stood up and started walking to the seashell. But the ocean was too quick for him. It swept the shell away and Ron sighed in defeat. As he turned around, he bumped into something hard. "Sorry!" He muttered quickly, opening his eyes. Ron stared up in shock.

"You were looking for this?"

The Mer. Blaise. Was standing in front of him. His hand outstretched with the beautiful conch shell in his hand. He was so tall. About 6.5 and Ron was staring up at him, his mouth agape at 6.1. The Mer-humam-Ron didn't know anymore, was wearing blue and white swim shorts, his well built chest bare. "You-"
"Me?" He persisted and Ron blinked. "How on Earth are you....here?!"He asked and the man chuckled. "That's for me to know an you to find out," he said in that deep, powerful voice that made Ron want to moan. The human Mer winked and his one eye flashed the bright yellow Ron had seen the night before and he gasped quitely. He flashed a smile and Ron saw that his once sharp teeth, were now straight and human looking. Harry, Draco and Hermione noticed the tall, handset man Ron was talking to and walked over. "Hey Ron! Who's your friend?" Hermione asked, the three of them standing beside Ron. "He, he's not my-"
"My name is Blaise. And you are?" He said politely and Ron wanted to groan in frustration. "I'm Hermione, Ron's girlfriend. This is Draco and Harry." Hermione said cherpily and Blaise nodded, his eyes lingering on the blonde for a moment. Suddenly, a pale arm wrapped around Blaise's torso and a girl emerged next to him. She had long, luscious dark hair, cute, perky lips and dark eyes. "Blaise," she said and he nodded, smiling down at her. "This is Pansy," he said and Pansy scanned the three humans in front of her. Blaise was right, the blonde one looked very trust worthy. She liked him already. The one with the black hair looked like a fun person, so did the ginger. But Pansy couldn't decipher anything about the girl. She was gorgeous, that was without a doubt. Pansy's eyes flashed white for a moment before she looked up at Blaise again. "We should get going," she stared up at him and he nodded. "Goobye, Ron," he said before talking further down the beach, Pansy by his side. Ron doesn't ever think he's stressed so much about a person in his life.