14. Wolf

Slowly I opened my eyes. A moan escaped my lips as i looked at the grey-ish ceiling. My nightmare wasn't over. I was living it. I pushed myself up and looked beside me where Amber was sleeping on a tiny matress. My bed was an old mattress with one dirty blanket. There was way more stuff for Amber as miss Bitch Summer had planned on playing house with my baby. But she sucked at trying to be a mum. Amber hated her! She started crying as soon as Summer held her. It was good for me though. They kept me alive to take care of my child. At least that's what summer kept telling me. As soon as Amber was old enough they would get rid of me. I had to run before that happened. But for now that seemed impossible.

It had been 2 weeks since they took me and Amber from the pack house. I still had no clue how they got there unnoticed. But it had something to do with the vampire friends they had. Those friends that helped me to stay contained. They drugged me with vampire venom or something. The stuff that makes humans relax and sort of enjoy the bite. And that used in a certain amount they could drug people and werewolves apparently. It didn't make me enjoy anything here but it did made me weak and before it stopped working they gave me another shot.

"Good morning sunshine"
Now it was time for my morning shot apparently. Damian came in with the syringe already in his hand. "Oh fuck off asshole" is said clenching my hands into fists. I wanted to hit him so bad! But as I said, the stuff they drugged me with made me weak, I could try and hit him but he would block me before I could even try. Believe me,I tried. then he would hit me back. Hard. The result was that i was covered in bruises most of the time. It took a while for me to learn my lesson as both Damian and Summer liked to tell me.
"Now be nice little lady, you don't want us to take that little baby away from you don't you" I growled, No I didn't want that. I knew they needed me, for now anyway. So I stretched out my arm and looked away. I looked at Amber who was also waking up. I didn't winch in pain when Damian pricked the needle in my arm. It was almost numb anyway. I wondered for a second if I would be addicted to the drug by now. Maybe I was. I wouldn't know that until I stopped getting it. And that wouldn't happen anytime soon.
The day was slow, as always. Damian went out as soon as he had given me my shot. He always gave them. Maybe he didn't trust Summer with it, she seemed kind of unstable. She could go from cute and creepy nice to down right psycho. And she would hurt me. Hit me, kick me, cut me even now and then. And until today she didn't ever hurt Amber. Until today.

She was moody to begin with. As soon as she entered my room after Damian went who know where. She gave me a deathly glare seeing me feeding Amber. At night my door was locked, I guessed with several locks the way it always sounded. Especially after the first days because i almost managed to break free. Which earned me a beating and a broken arm. My arm had been broken that bad it healed in some sort of bend way and it still hurt. They gave me supplies for milk, water in a thermos to keep warm, formula. That was it. I had a little food during the day. If Summer was in a good mood. And today. She wasn't.
"Had a good night sleep little bitch" She grinned at me. I kept silent looking at Amber. This whole thing stressed her just as much as me and she wasn't eating right and crying a lot. I think she was even losing weight in stead of gaining as a baby is supposed too.
I was losing weight to but I didn't really care about myself.
"Answer me bitch!" Summer roughly pulled Amber's bottle out of my hands. I growled looking up at her. "Wonder full. Now give that back to me!" She crossed her arms. "I will feed my daughter" She said giving a small kick to my leg. I knew that soon would be followed by a harder one. Still I was to stubborn to give in. I knew Amber wouldn't eat at all if that bitch tried to feed her.
"She is my daughter! She will never be yours. She doesn't even like you!" I told her. I told her this almost every day. She didn't like that obviously. I had already pulled Amber close and put my arms around her to protect her from what would come next. The kick wasn't directed to my leg but my waist. It was a hard one and it even hit Amber little leg.
"The hell! What do you think you are doing!!" I yelled. Shit... I just endangered the life of my child! I got on my feet ignoring the pain in my body. I was used to it by now.
"You have to listen to me!" Summer told me with a dark look in her eyes. I knew that look. That meant she was close to turning into her wolf form. I had seen her as a wolf before. To be honest. It wasn't much. She was a small grey wolf. Weak even. I think weaker then she even was as a human. But she could bite. A wolf bite was horrible and left it's marks.
"Give her to me!" Summer growled. She was really close to the change now.
"No! You will never have my baby!" I knew this was even more stupid, more dangerous but giving my baby to an angry werewolf would be deadly. With these words i pushed her over the edge. "If I can't have her... well i will have to get rid of you." The sound of her voice, her eyes. It told me enough. She knew I would never give up on Amber. Never give in. And she was going to finish me. Or at least she wanted to.
With a loud growl she changed into her wolf and Amber started crying like mad. I immediately left the room. I had never been anywhere else in the house and discovered it was a small disgusting apartment. I had to get Amber somewhere safe. I had to run... now! Adrenaline rushed through my veins and i could run for the first time in 2 weeks. I found the door to leave but it was locked... of course. And no key to be found. I cursed slamming my hand at the glass. Before I could break it or properly look for a key growling sounded behind me.
I turned to the kitchen where I, as gently as possible put Amber in the dry sink pushing the tap away so water couldn't drip on her. Her she would be safe. She couldn't fall. I turned to face the wolf that was Summer. A low growl submerged from my throat. I hadn't been a wolf in over a year. But my wolf was up an running now knowing my life and that of my child were in immediate danger. Why I could do this now and not before I didn't know but I didn't question it. I had to kill Summer.
A second later i stood on four paws. The sensation of being this animal again was weird. I didn't have to long to think about it though because Summer already charged at me.

I don't know if it was the drugs or that i hadn't been a wolf for so long. She just slammed me to the ground and sank her teeth in my shoulder. I yelped in pain. She let go of my shoulder but bit me again a little higher going for my neck now. She was having every intention of killing me. And as I tried to fight back Amber was crying like mad. Then it hit me. I had to play dead. I just wasn't strong enough now, I couldn't get her of me I didn't have the power to make her lose her grip but if she would let go. Maybe turn her attention somewhere else i could surprise her. I think i knew where to bite. How to kill. So I let out another small cry and stayed still. Trying to not breath pretending I was dead.
It worked. She let go of me and stepped away. A second later I heard a rush of air and I knew she turned human again. Carefully I opened my eyes seeing her bending over my baby. I had to act now before she would touch her and jumped up and sank my teeth in her neck.
She screamed loudly as i held my grip and pulled her to the floor biting even deeper. It didn't take long before she stopped moving and i let go of her.
It was one big bloodbath. I pushed her with my front paw. Her face was turned away from me and I slowly walked around to find her eyes open... a glassy look in them.

Summer was dead.

I am sorry It has taken me so long to get along with this story. I have to be honest i didnt really plan on it but dealing with a writers block for some other work and I had to write something. So I just read this all and words just came like no writers block had ever been there. I hope you guys like it! 
I already saw new votes for my work so Yay and thank you so much!!! Chapter 15 is already in the works :D