4. Run!

4.                     Run!

I don't know why I got nervous at the bonfire. Maybe it were just the looks people gave me. It was around the time the sun had just set. Stars were starting to appear in the clear sky and a slight breeze crossed the field. Something just felt off. Lissa was just holding Amber who was still awake. She was getting a bit fuzzy. "Can I have her" I asked stretching my arms out to my little girl. Lissa put her in my arms carefully and I started wrapping her back in my sling that I tied around my shoulders and waist. "What's up Lill" Jess asked as I stood up. 
"I don't know" I said looking around. Everything looked fine but I felt restless, something was coming. Something bad. "We are going home. Isabell, you coming" I said. She was already beside us. "We should meet up tomorrow!" Lissa said, her and Jess probably thought I was crazy. Maybe I was. But my inner wolf was on edge. Telling me to get Amber home. 
We were halfway down the field when I felt a shift in the mood. People grew quiet. Directing their attention to the forest on the far end of the field. It was gigantic. I remember as a kid running around in that forest, getting lost with My brother Liam. He was always able to find our way back though. 
"Lillith, get your ass home, there is something coming" It was Liam who said that. He was in front of me all of a sudden grabbing my arms. 
"I know" I said grabbing Isabell's hand pulling her along. "What is wrong?" She asked looking back as Liam stayed behind. "Don't look back, just come along" I said feeling my heartbeat getting faster and faster. Amber started crying and I put my free arm around her. And then we heard it. A long eerie howl. Now everybody got on their feet. I knew women were getting their children and most of the men were getting up to the forest. I tried to think why... Why would Rogues be here? Who would they attack now? But I had no idea what was going on in the pack. So maybe there was something wrong. 
"What the hell was that!" Isabell said, I could feel her getting scared. "Later, In here!" I said pulling her along into an alley. We were back into town but running with Amber was not that easy. And It would be a good run before we were home. 
"Shit, shit, shit" I cursed as I stopped running to catch my breath and try to sooth Amber. I realized we had forgot her diaper bag. "Lillith, tell me what is going on!" Isabell was in way better shape than me and not panting as much. But she was scared. 
"Werewolves... Rogues" I said taking deep breaths and bouncing slightly to shush Amber. She always responded well to that but she probably felt I was scared too. She kept crying so a gave up and started walking in a fast pace again pulling Isabell along.
"That's bad right?" Isabell muttered 
"Yes that's bad! And we...."

"Good evening. Lillith" 
We came to a halt when a gigantic guy stepped in front of us. My arms immediately went up and covered Amber. I knew the guy was bad news. Very bad news. Because he was a rogue. Just my luck I knew him. 
"Damian... what a... surprise" I said trying to sound calm and indifferent. Like I didn't care or knew we were in actual danger, Because I knew we were. 
"So you are a mommy?... I didn't know you had a mate" Damian spoke. He leaned against the wall. It looked like we could pass him but I knew that was a bad idea. I held Isabell by her wrist, she was smart enough to keep her mouth shut. But I knew she was tensed up and ready to kick the guy in the balls If there was need for that. Both her and me knew a thing or two about self-defense. 
"I don't" I told him "A single mommy, well, well, I never thought you were that kind of girl. But then again. I knew the pack life never really suited you" My eyes narrowed. This guy was so stupid. He knew Isabell was a human. He could smell that. But still he was all in for spilling all the werewolf secrets. But then again. He was a Rogue. 
"You know my offer still stands" He proceeded pushing himself up from the wall and walking right in front of me stopping just a few centimeters away. My grip around Amber tightened. 
"And the answer is still the same big guy... No" I told him smiling for as far that was possible being so tensed up. Every fiber in my being told me to get the hell out of here! 
He chuckled. "Oh Lillith, I will even take you bastard baby... I don't" 
"Don't you dare call her a bastard!" My Eyes grew darker and my voice went low as I said that. Nothing made me more angry then people saying that. Amber was all that was holding me back from changing into my wolf form and ripping his throat out! 

He opened his mouth and his arm went up, I was almost sure he was going to hit me and I was ready to duck but he stopped, looking over my shoulder. He stepped back. "I am not done with you pretty" He said pointing his fingers at me, then he turned around and ran away. 

Both me and Isabell gasped and for some reason my legs just gave out and I fell on my knees. My arms still wrapped tight around Amber who was still crying. 
"Lillith, what the hell! Why..." It was Josh together with Blaine, the future Alpha. The ran up to us and Josh pulled me up back on my feet. "What were you doing with him!?" 
He almost screamed but I just shook my head not able to speak at this moment. So Isabell did it for me. "Does that matter, that asshole scared the live out of her and me. Now bring us home!" She demanded. "You are coming with us!" Josh said. I could hardly walk because I was shaking so bad but he held my arm. "Come on, the pack house is just around the corner." He said. Blaine walked behind us as Isabell was on my other side. 
"I don't want to go there!" I said but my voice wasn't steady enough to sound just a bit convincing. 
"You are, and you are too!" He said looking at Isabell before she could say anything. "You don't have anything to say about me!" Isabell called out. "Oh yes I do! Especially because I know that you know about our kind!" I could almost Imagine the look on her face. She didn't say a word. Just made some sort of grunting sound. "Lillith, really... " I looked at Josh face for a second. "Oh he sure as hell was mad at me. I directed my attention back to Amber again not even realizing we were at the mansion they called the pack house. It was the biggest house in the whole town. And the oldest. The moment we got inside Josh let go of me. There was almost nobody there at the moment. Everybody was in their homes by now or trying to find the rogues. 

"Now tell me...
"I am not going to tell you anything, I am taking care of my baby!" I called out before Josh could finish. I started unwrapping the sling and took the still crying Amber in my arms. She was going all out at the moment and I felt like doing the same. I started passing the hall and found the kitchen. Isabell followed me. "Do you have any formula?" I heard her ask. "What?" "Baby milk powder!" She said sounding annoyed. "Yes we do!" It was a female voice, And I recognized Joshes mom. "Just a second dear, please sit down... take a breath. Josh leave her be! She will be yours as soon as Amber is sleeping!" 
"No I am..."
"Honey you know what I mean" She interrupted me. I bit my lip. God I wanted to cry!  
But I did what she said, I sat down on one of the chairs that stood around the kitchen table and started singing to Amber My voice was trembling but it did calm me down a little. Isabell sat next to me. I looked at her face for a second seeing she was on the edge of a nervous breakdown too. I knew I couldn't break down, not now. I had a baby... I was not allowed to break down! But boy was I in some trouble!

Another new chapter! hope you like! Please vote and Comment! Sorry for my writting skils. They might be a bit of now and then. I don't have my own laptop being home for the holidays. But when I get back on my own Laptop I will do some editing!!! 
Love Suuz