2. Family Drama

2.                     Family Drama

As I stepped into my childhood home the first thing I realized my parents were not here. Nice... The first time I come home with their grandchild and they pass it. I started to think maybe coming home was a bad idea. But then I saw Liam picking up Amber from her carrier with the greatest care and I couldn't help but smile.

She is gorgeous sis" he said with a beaming smile on his face. "Good genes" Isabell grinned. 
"Yeah, About that" Liam started but I put my hand up to silence him. "That is not up for discussion. He was a one night thing and it's not like I will ever see him ever again" 
"But" Liam started frowning "no buts" 
Liam grunted, he wanted to know who Ambers dad was. But that would stay a secret... Forever if it was up to me anyway. 
"So where are mum and dad? They don't want to see their granddaughter?" I looked around the house there was no sign they were around, and well, being a werewolf and all. I couldn't smell them. "Business" Liam said as he looked at Amber who was waking up. I looked at Isabell. I explained her things about the pack. And business usually meant pack business. "Of course" I said as she grinned. "Really important" Isabell and me were on the same page considering them. She never had a tight connection with her parents either. She knew what I was going through. 
But at that moment I heard a car pulling up. 
"Showtime" Liam said as he walked up to the door with Amber still in his arms. I opened my mouth to tell him to give her to me. It felt safer having her in my arms. But then again. My parents liked always him more than me. 
"It will be fine, I am here" Isabell came standing next to me. "We can always take of if they freak out" 
I nodded. That was the plan. If things got out of hand we would take off and celebrate the summer at her parents summerhouse in Miami! They were to buzzy with work as well to care about their daughter.

"Mom, look who is here!" I heard my brother calling to my mom. I felt my heart skip a beat. This was horrible. I didn't hear what my mom said but she entered the room with Amber in her arms. I was taken aback with her expression. She looked sad and at the same time so happy. "She is beautiful honey" Really? Where there tears in her eyes?
A small Smile spread across my face. "Thanks" I muttered softly. My dad followed but he didn't even look at Amber. 
"So had a good trip?" He asked. I nodded. He was the one I feared the most. And he did exactly what I expected. Ignoring Amber completely. 
"Look at her honey" My mom said holding Amber in front of him. My dad looked and shrugged. "A bastard baby... great"

It was dead quiet in the room after those words. It felt like he had hit me in the face. Without saying a word I took Amber from my mom and walked up the big stairs to what used to be my old bedroom. Isabell followed me up with our bags and sat beside me on the bed putting her arm around me after she closed the door. "What an asshole" she mumbled.
"I know right" I looked at Amber who started fussin. "Time for a drink" I smiled and looked up at Isabell. "Ah well bastard or not... she is mine and I love her" Isabell smiled nodding. She went through the bags looking for formula. She was beside my best friend also my nanny. She was a great help with Amber. I tried to set up a dance studio and it was awesome that she was taking care of Amber while I tried to get that together. We would start our first classes after summer.

A soft knock on the door made me look up. It was my mom. "Come in" I said. "Milk is here" Isabell said. She already made up a bottle and pushed it into my hands. "I'll go and check the car. She left the room giving me and my mom time to talk. 
"don't mind your dad... he" 
"Is an asshole" I ended my mom's sentence. She smiled slightly. "He didn't even had a chance to get used to you rejecting your mate and pack life all together. Then having a baby with, well, It hit him hard honey" 
I shook my head. "He acts like an asshole." 
"He needs time" she said. 
Meanwhile I was shaking Ambers bottle. "Do you want to give it?" I asked handing her the bottle. She smiled and took Amber from me. 
"I can look after her when you go to the bonfire" She implied as she cradled Amber and gave her the milk. "Nah, she is coming with me and Isabell. Then that will be over and done with too." 
"Maybe a good idea yeah" My mom said as I stood up. 
"She looks like you, your blond hair... brown eyes" She told me looking at Amber. 
I looked in the mirror. I was really happy Amber looked like me, my hair was blond long and wavy. I refused to cut it but it was a mess most of the time. Isabell usually braided it for me. 
"How are you feeling?" My mom asked. I looked at her grinning. "What do you think with a newborn" She laughed. "She won't sleep through the night of course... so sleep is heaven when it happens. And she kind of messed up the whole plan of starting a dance studio but we are making some progress. After summer I will start my first classes" 
My mom was smiling at me and I looked at her questioningly. "What?" 
"I am proud of you" She said. 
"That makes one" I said with a hint of sarcasm. 
"Don't forget Liam, and your dad is proud as well. As I told you... he needs to get used to you not being a part of the pack like we had hoped."

I sat beside her silently thinking about what I left behind. I was still in tune with my wolf, but not as well as before I left for college. I used my enhanced senses but that was about it. The wolf inside me was content being a mommy and even being without a mate. That part of me knew just as well as me that me as the wife of a Beta would have never worked. I was just the odd one out.

Here is part 2, in the next one whe will meet Lillith's ex mate and some more childhood friends. Prepare yourself for more drama :D