Chapter 1 - One Agent, Two Agent, Trenchcoat, Oh My!

Madisen had been in Boulder, Colorado for a short amount of time. She had overheard a couple of men on the other side of the pump, she was at a gas station, talking about a death. Some man's heart practically leaped ten feet out of his chest, making it sound too much like a cartoon for her taste. Yes, it was definitely her kind of case. After overhearing the three men talk about it, Madisen immediately went to her car and started towards Oklahoma. She had just finished a case in Colorado with a witch.

That witch, was actually a demon buying people's souls. It wasn't as uncommon as one would think. In fact, most 'witches' were demons who gave up the whole crossroads thing. Well, the one's she met were. This witch-demon had given a man a spell for people to do whatever he said. One of the people he commanded, he told to 'screw off' in a rather nasty way. She couldn't even imagine...

Madisen drove to Oklahoma nonstop until she reached a local inn. She rented a room and as soon as she got there, the first thing Madisen did was go to bed. Not even bothering to change the clothes she had been wearing since the witch-hunt. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out. She dreampt of herself hunting a werewolf pack. It wasn't an easy hunt. Nor was it her cleanest.

**********

Madisen woke up around 9:30 the next morning. She had hated Mondays, no idea as to why, she just did. Maybe it was because she wasn't a morning person and she always had to get up early on Mondays. Slowly, she rolled out of bed and went to the shower. In her opinion, she smelt really bad. An image in the mirror caught her eye, her hair was all over the place. She shook her head and climbed into the shower.

After she got out, Madisen put on a suit and went to brush her hair. She looked in the mirror saw herself staring right back at her. Dark brown eyes with brown hair that went an inch or two past the shoulders. There was a blonde streak on the right side of her hair. A scar ran from the left side of her jaw to her collarbone. A souvenir from her time with her pack long ago. Madisen shook her head and began to braid her hair. She left the room going outside and to her truck, trying to find her FBI badge. Once found, she grabbed her keys, locked her hotel room and went to find a diner. Man was she starving!

As soon as she arrived, her eyesight was immediately taken by the 1967 Impala sitting out front. It was in great condition too. After a moment of gazing she turned off the truck and went inside. The smell of fresh bacon and pancakes and coffee greeted her as she stepped in making her stomach growl.

Looking around she noticed two FBI agents next to a man in a trenchcoat. The man in the trenchcoat ignored  her and went to looking out the window. However the two agents looked nervous when they noticed Madisen. She simply nodded in their direction as greeting and sat down at the counter. She ordered scrambled eggs with a side of bacon, sausage, and coffee.

Madisen finished her meal quickly and walked over to the other agents, leaving money on the counter for her food and a tip. The agents friend, the one in the trenchcoat, had gone and yet she didn't see him leave. It was a little strange, but maybe she wasn't paying attention. Or maybe said man was just in the restroom.

"Agents," Madisen greeted, standing next to their table.

"I'm special agent Hudson and this is my partner, special agent Skully," one of the men said. Hudson, as he said he was.

"And might I say, you look lovely today," Skully cut in, giving a flirtatious smile. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

Hudson had brown hair that went to his shoulders, and brown eyes. The man was slightly older than herself and by his build, she could tell he got into fights a lot. That and he seemed like he had military training. Judging by his torso he was taller than the man across from him. He was  showing her his FBI badge. Hudson's partner, Skully, had shorter and lighter hair, almost blonde. Skully had green eyes. With his build one could tell he fought a lot too, with military experience as well. He was, however, shorter than his partner. Skully also held out his badge.

"I'm agent Alice White of the FBI," Madisen lied, also holding out her badge. Of course it was fake, but they wouldn't notice.

"So, you here about the murder?" Skully asked.

"I'd say so. A heart practically leaping out of some person's chest seems like my kind of thing," she explained.

Hudson nodded, "Find anything?"

"I haven't checked the body. I was actually heading over there now."

"Awesome. Well, we'll come with you," Said Skully, standing up.

"That's sweet, really. But I know the way to the morgue," she winked, walking towards the door with a smile. She opened the door and left. Just before she closed the diner door she heard Agent Hudson say something along the lines of, 'Dude, you just got rejected'.

With the smile even bigger on her face, she went to her truck, got in, and turned it on. Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi was playing. She sang it all the way to the morgue. Kids today would say that the songs she listened to were outdated. Not that it mattered to her. Besides, she did grow up with these songs.

**********

"Coroner says the heart was ejected from the body," said the detective.

Madisen never really did catch her name. But she decided to call her Miss for now. "Any idea what happened detective?" she asked.

"A lot of people were thinking drugs, Agent White," said Miss. "An ass load of drugs."

Madisen gave her a questioning look, "But you don't believe that? Do you?"

Miss nodded her head and lifted the sheet off of the victim's body, revealing a heart shaped exit wound. "Never seen an eight ball do that," Miss said, nodding at the hole in the man's chest.

She nodded. It definitely wasn't drugs that did this. "And who called this in?"

"A friend of his, named Olivia Carpel. She saw the whole thing," Miss answered.

"I see. Well thank you for your time and if you find anything else like this, call me." She handed Miss her card.

"Will do," Miss said, picking up a folder and handing it to her. "Here's what we've collected so far."

The dead man smelled really weird. Well, thinking rationally, any dead person would. Still, death bothered her. She never really knew why, and this job had a lot of death in it. In fact, every case had dead people, so why should it bother her? Madisen shook her head. She supposed she should have gotten used to it by now but no.

Madisen thanked Miss and the two walked towards the door. On the other side they found Skully and Hudson. Along with their friend in the trenchcoat. Hudson and Skully nodded at her while Mr. Trenchcoat only glared. Did she do something wrong? Besides be a fake FBI agent, turn on her own kind, and defy every law of nature her species had. Madisen shrugged him off and nodded at Hudson and Skully.

"Agents," she said.

Hudson gave a small smile and Skully gave the woman a wink. "Agent White," Hudson said.

"I suppose you're here to follow up on what I have?"

"Yeah," was all Skully said.

Miss looked at them and waved them into the room. The man in the trenchcoat followed after the two men and woman. But not without giving Madisen one last glare. She only shook her head and made her way out of the morgue.

Grabbing a random disc and popping it in, she turned on her truck and sang all the way back to hotel. She grabbed the folder and headed inside, throwing her keys on the bed. She sat down at the table and looked at the folders contents. This is going to take a while...