The Angels

Madisen had lain low for weeks. She never left her place in Fort Collins, telling those who would ask that she was taking a break. None believed her but they didn't say anything. She was spooked.

Samandriel had returned during that time, along with Grant. Grant had only stayed for a few hours before heading off. With Samandriel at her side, Madisen felt better, and she told him what happened. Why she was staying in the safe house. She told him of her nightmare and how Dean found out, and while she did trust the man, she didn't trust him enough.

From that moment, Madisen made Samandriel make a promise. He didn't want to, but he agreed to the terms.

The necklace Madisen had bought last time she had seen Charlie, Sam, and Dean was given to Samandriel. The feather and 'S' to signify Samandriel and his place with Madisen. The wolf howling to the moon to signify his place in her family. Madisen wasn't sure if Samandriel saw the necklace as her acceptance of him into her family, but he wore it everywhere.

Eventually they came into a routine. Madisen would cook meals and Samandriel would eat them even if he didn't have to. He would help out around the house, and Madisen would smile and thank him while simultaneously telling him he didn't have to. He tended to ignore her and grin when she got frustrated.

"Samandriel!" Madisen would say. "I've told you before, I don't need help!"

Samandriel would laugh and shake his head before grabbing some of what Madisen would be hauling or carrying. Then the woman would huff and blow a strand of hair from her face, and wouldn't say more.

Grant found their relationship amusing, as did other hunters when they witnessed it.

One night, after it had rained heavily, trapping hunters indoors, Madisen was wiping down the bar. Then she noticed something odd, but she wasn't sure what. Her senses stretched themselves. Hunters laughter sounded from the living room. No, it wasn't them. Her sight proved useless, as did her touch, taste, and smell, but something was happening. Something big. She shivered and the radio continued to blare Metallica.

So close no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Madisen growled and clapped her hands loudly. Then they fell to her sides, clenched so tight they were shaking. The hunters paused and stared at her. They took in the look in her eyes, and the slight shaking of her body.

"Hawkins?" one of the men asked. "You okay?"

"Something's wrong," she whispered.

Before anyone could react Samandriel came bolting down the stairs and out the door. Madisen followed and every hunter was on her heels. There it was, a change in the wind, the feel of the air. Samandriel and Madisen were standing in the clearing before the house. They were staring at the sky. Each hunter looked up and stared with them.

Lights showered from the heavens, all over. Every place they could see, there were lights. It was like a meteor shower, but it was wrong. A voice drew some attention.

"Samandriel," Madisen breathed, "what is going on?"

"The angels, they're falling."

"What?"

Samandriel didn't answer. Instead he fell to the ground in spasms, screaming in pain. Madisen cried out in shock and tried to get near him but a shock wave expelled itself from Samandriel. It knocked every hunter to the ground out cold. Madisen, being the closest, flew farther than the rest. She felt her back hit something, then her head, and then she was gone.