Samandriel

It'd been weeks since the incident with Sam and Dean. Madisen had run into them a few times since then. Dean and Madisen still avoided the other like the plague when they woke up from that night. Sam only shook his head and rolled his eyes.

The creature turned out to be a kudoch (coo-dock). They were rare creatures who used telepathy and shape-shifting to lure men and women into their dens. First they would search one's mind, then they would shift into one of their dead loved ones, and get the person to follow them. No one figured it out until the day after the attack on Dean. It was in one of the books sitting in Madisen's truck.

According to the lore, kudochs have been sighted throughout history, mostly seen as a type of crossbreed between vampires and demons. It fed off of anything breathing or human food, sometimes humans when going after living things, but this was rare. They were usually spotted in forests like wendigos, but some tales said they could go wherever. During the middle-ages, people would ward off these creatures by setting a golden coin underneath a floorboard in front of their door.

The creature had been hiding as a teenage kid, taking up the name Luke. He said his real name was Veneficia. The hunters gave him a chance to set himself straight, but an attack on Madisen got him a golden tipped bullet to the head. With the case over they went their separate ways.

Madisen spent her time away from jobs and figuring out how to ward off angels. The way the angel had looked at her... she didn't like it. She learned things from other hunters and a redheaded witch. The witch wouldn't give her name, but she was happy to help Madisen in exchange for two vampire fangs, a hand from a wendigo, and the heart of a werewolf. Madisen didn't want to know what she needed them for.

In the end, Madisen knew a lot about warding off angels. She even knew how to shove one out of its vessel or knock its ass to someplace in Canada among other things. Now back in the ring and rearing to go, she ended up in Geneva, Nebraska, where strange things were happening. Imagine her surprise when a very familiar black impala drove by as she was walking from a diner.

Madisen checked her watch, it was late, so what they hell were they doing? She hopped in her truck and followed at a distance, keeping her headlights off. The men turned a corner and she followed, abruptly stopping and reversing back around it before they could spot her.

She stepped from the truck and peered around the corner. Angel boy was with them, Castiel, wasn't it? Madisen sniffed the air. The Winchesters were tense and the angel was worried. Then the boys were headed into the abandoned building and the angel was left behind. What was he waiting on?

Minutes passed and suddenly Castiel was gone too. Madisen crept towards the impala, hiding in the bushes, glad to be under the cover of darkness. Screams were echoing from the building and then they stopped. A rustling of wings drew her attention back to the impala. Castiel was there holding up another guy covered in blood. Madisen reached into her pocket and pulled out a hex bag.

"It's okay," he said. "You're safe now. I'm taking you home."

Home? Madisen cocked her head. Did that mean the guy covered in blood was an angel? Who the hell would kidnap an angel? She scrapped the question, demons, duh.

"No. You can't take me back there, Castiel," the other man wheezed.

No, not man. He sounded like a boy! Why would an angel possess a kid? The angel was acting like a kid himself! He was shuddering and curled inward slightly.

"Why not?"

"You don't understand. I told Crowley things - things he shouldn't have known. He got to our coding, our secrets - secrets I didn't even know we had!"