Chapter 2 - Mr. Glare in a Trenchcoat

She was about halfway through the folder when there was a knock at her door. Madisen looked up questionably and left the table, looking through the peek hole in the door. Agents Hudson and Skully were there along with the man in the trenchcoat. She gave a small sigh in relief. Many would call her paranoid.

"Agents," she greeted, opening the door, "What can I do for you?"

"Sorry for intruding but the detective told us that you had a folder about the case?" Hudson said.

"Ah yes. I do," she said. "Do you need it?"

"Uh yeah. That would be great thanks," Hudson said.

Judging by the way the man said it she he was obviously the youngest, and also the most lenient of the agents. Madisen gathered the folder contents and walked back over to them. She gave Hudson the folder, noticing the trenchcoat guy glaring at her. Why does he do that? Does he have some sort of trust issues? Hudson and Skully gave a nod and went to leave, the man in the trenchcoat in tow. They weren't even two feet away from her now closed door when they got a phone call. She couldn't help but listen in.

"Yeah... Right... We'll be right there, and we'll bring White," said Hudson.

Bring her where? She could hear them walking back up to the door so she opened the door just as they were about to knock.

"Need anything else?" Madisen asked, pretending she didn't hear them on the phone.

"Yeah, the detective called us and said she found something weird. You should come with us," said Skully.

"Sure. Let me get my keys." She walked over to her bed. Skully nodded and left. She grabbed her keys and locked the door on her way out. She noticed Skully get in the Impala she had seen earlier at the diner. "Nice car!" She yelled over to Skully.

Skully grinned and got into the Impala. Madisen had a 2005 grey Dodge Dakota. Not very special but it could hide all of her weapons. It also had the White Tree from Lord of the Rings on the back window. It was there when she bought it and ended up having to Google it. She wasn't too big on pop culture references. Sure, she knew a few, but otherwise just went on her business. She climbed into her truck and followed the Impala, knowing that the agents knew where to go. Obviously to another crime scene, but she had to follow Hudson, Skully, and Mr. Glare In A Trenchcoat.

**********

Madisen stepped back from the ledge. A man had jumped from here. It looked like suicide to her. So why did they call them? Suicide isn't something very unusual. Even for them. Half of the cases involving suicide she found had been nothing in the end.

"Looks like suicide," said Hudson.

"It was. Guy left a note," said Miss.

"So why call us? I mean, suicide isn't that uncommon to end up calling us," Madisen commented.

"Because I have two witnesses who swear that made-off here, floated in air for a good ten seconds, then he looked down, and splat," explained Miss. "Not sure I buy that, but the way they're talkin', sounds like something straight out of a-"

"Cartoon," finished Skully.

Miss shrugged, "You said you wanted weird."

"Thank you," Madisen said, watching Miss walk away.

Skully turned to Hudson, "She's right you know. I mean, the whole heart jumping out of a guys chest, the delayed fall. That's straight up Bugs Bunny."

"Nah," she started, "The delayed fall is more like the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons. Or maybe Tom and Jerry."

Skully shot her a look, "Okay but still. This thing is just getting weirder."