𝟑𝟗. 𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐎𝐌

𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 as my thigh contacted with the ice-cold metal which was the side of the SMS Pogue. As the wind tousled my hair around my head, I couldn't help but let my mind run wild with stress and worry.

Two things were clouding my brain, leaving me in complete despair and a zoned-out mindset.

Firstly, John B was still missing. Ever since he stormed away hours earlier and left without a word, we've been unable to contact him in any way. With being the oldest, I've been trying to keep everyone calm, but I'm struggling myself.

With the recent news of the fact that Ward killed Big John, I knew that John B would act out, since he does that often, but the only issue is that I have no clue what he's capable of now.

Secondly, I still haven't talked--scratch that; seen--Rafe and I'm worried that he's hurt himself, or worse, someone else. Just like John B, he is not good with stress or controlling his emotions. Only he gets into things like drugs and alcohol, and even though he's of age, it worries me.

Ever since her road off with Topper, I haven't contacted him. At first, I wanted him to calm down in case he did something rash, but it's been a day or two and things haven't gotten better.

Kie and Pope both paced around the boat as the dark and bottomless water lapped against the boat, rocking us side to side as JJ stayed next to the wheel. "What now?" He asked as the wind blew his blond hair out of his face. "We just go up to the front door and ask 'Hey, have you seen John B?'"

Kie sighed, "Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible. We can play dumb," She suggested but we all knew that wouldn't work.

"Play dumb?" I questioned as JJ and Pop switched places.

"It's pretty late," Pope stated, and I knew that he had his interview tomorrow, which he was easily stressing about.

"Look, I've never seen John B like that. We should honestly be going to the cops," Kie exclaimed, realizing that this could easily lead to a missing person's case.

"The cop-- Yeah, and say what? Kie?" JJ shot back, bringing himself back into the conversation. "We're worried about our friend because he's going off on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not going to believe in us,"

"Kie, I hate to admit it, but who do you think they're going to listen to? A Kook or a group of 'misled and poor Pogues'?" I quipped as Kie sat down at the front of the boat.

"But they know you, y/n, right? With the scholarship and everything?" Kie pushed and I could see that she was getting desperate.

Before I could tell her that it still wouldn't work, Pope noticed something in the Ward house. "Guys, I see him," He called and the three of us piped up.

"John B?" We all asked in unison.

"Nope, Ward," The three of us shuffled to the side of our docked boat as Pope passed the binoculars to Kie. "Doesn't look dead to me; let's go home," Pope continued as I could see the faint silhouette of Ward walking out into his backyard.

"Wait, what?" JJ and Kie exclaimed as they turned around to face the dark boy.

"Uh... okay," Pope began, hoping to keep the situation calm from what he just said, "Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay?"

"Unbelievable," Kie muttered under her breath as her face twisted with annoyance.

"Plus, I have the biggest, most important moment of my life in six hours," Pope added as JJ walked towards me, knowing that this wasn't going to end well.