𝟐𝟗. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄

"𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐓" 𝐒𝐇𝐄 reassured and he smiled.

"You're my girlfriend," He finished and everybody's jaw dropped.

Kie crossed her arms and I knew things just got ten-time worse. "She's your girlfriend now?" Everyone turned to her, not sure what she would say next. "What was all that talk about you were just using her for information?" Kie gave him a sarcastic look, "Get a map, cut her loose,"

"You said you were using me?" Sarah asked sadly and John B shook his head.

"No." He stated and Kie scoffed.

"Yeah, you did," Pope agreed and JJ nodded softly while I stayed quiet.

"Look, love just walked in, okay?" He tried and I gagged slightly. "I didn't expect it. It just-- it kind of happened," He looked at Sarah and I leaned back in my seat, "And I'm not gonna deny it,"

"As much as I love you, JB, that was ridiculously corny," I told him, finally contributing to the conversation that was at hand.

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B," Kie said, completely done with the dark-haired boy. "If she's in, I'm out,"

"I'm not doing this. I can't!" He stammered and Sarah rose an eyebrow.

"I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?" Sarah asked and nobody moved. I swear you could cut the tension with a knife. Both girls stared at John B while he looked back and forth, not sure what to say.

Honestly, there really was no right answer. You couldn't choose both and you would end up losing one of them. John B just had to figure out which one he cared about more-- "Both."

Kie stopped and closed her mouth, unable to comprehend the bullshit John B just said. She turned around and walked out the door and away from the chateau.

"It'll be cool, right?" Sarah quoted and John B looked at her as she stood up as well. "I'm going to leave," She muttered as John B tried to stop her, "Gonna let y'all chat. Let me know," She walked through the other door and I intertwined my own fingers.

"I'd just like to say, you handled that beautifully," I pointed out sarcastically as John B slammed his head backward, groaning aloud.

"I'm going to go--" Pope mumbled as he stood up, trying to indicate that he was going to find Kie. He walked through the door and I looked at John B.

"That was stupid," I stated, "Do you know how stupid that was?"

"I don't want to talk about it," He groaned and I chuckled softly.

"You're an idiot. I know Sarah and I know Kie, and if I had to choose, I would've chosen my best friend," I replied and he looked at me astonished.

"What about the druggie you're supposedly in love with," John B spat and I rolled my eyes, not in the mood to take his crap.

"Look, when you figure out how to be less of a jackass, find me," I retorted as I stood up and moved towards the door. "I'll be inside, waiting for you to own up to your mistakes," I opened the door and walked inside, making my way to the fridge.

I swung open the door harshly, now in a pissy mood. I grabbed a beer and popped off the cap easily, before giving the bottle a long chug. "Y/n," A voice said as I closed the fridge. I turned around and saw John B a few feet away. "I didn't mean what I said, I'm just stressed with everything,"

"I get it," I replied and he looked up at me, surprised I'm not making him write a complete paragraph for me. "With Sarah, Kie, and the gold, it's a lot. Just don't take your anger out on me or any of the boys, okay? We don't need it,"

He nodded softly and moved towards the counter as the door swung open again. JJ walked inside and furrowed his eyebrows. "Who died?" He asked and I shook my head, laughing to myself as I sat on the counter.

"Nobody yet," I replied as JJ swiped my beer, "Anything from Pope?" JJ shook his head as he took a sip of my drink.

"Nothing yet, but he should be back soon," He replied, "And I agree with y/n; you're an idiot,"

"Kie agrees as well," Pope said as he walked in unnoticed. John B tossed him a water bottle and he easily caught it with his dominant hand.

"It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie," JJ added and John B grumbled under his breath.

"Look, I can't make a decision," He tried but I rolled my eyes. He can make a decision, he just didn't want to choose between his best friend and his new girlfriend.

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ called and I nodded.

"We can't do this without Kie, and you know it," I declared as my legs swung back and forth under me.

"And I can't do it without Sarah," He said, hoping to convince us of his cause, which was pointless. The boys would rather be dead than trust a Kook, and I was the same before Rafe. "Okay? They both have to be in on it,"

"Well, good luck with that," I mumbled and John B raised an eyebrow.

"You know what?" He started dramatically, "I know this was my fault, all right? But it's our problem. So, I've got a plan," He smirked as he moved out of the kitchen, "And you three shitheads are gonna help me out,"

He walked away as I hopped out of the kitchen, snatching my beer back from JJ, "The next time you call me a shithead, you will get bitch slapped," I yelled to him as the boys chuckled beside me. "That goes for you two as well," I threatened and JJ pushed me forwards.

John B had made a plan that was pretty decent and could actually work, as far as his plans go. At least this one didn't get us shot at. He figured we could trap the girl, make it so that they were stuck together. It would start off with Pope and I getting Kie, while JJ and John B get Sarah.

If we play this off, the girls will get back to their grade nine selves, and we could find the gold without any problem from them. If I was being honest, I would say that I was the least problematic in the group, at the moment.

John B had his new girlfriend, JJ was worried about his gun and Pope was panicking about his scholarship. Correction, I'm definitely the least problematic right now.

I pulled into my house, once again, and pulled the keys out of the ignition. I stifled a yawn as I made my way to the front door. My mom would be home by now since it was already pretty late. I pushed open the door, already used to the squeaky hinges.

I slipped my shoes off and push them to the side before flicking on the living room rights. A group of blankets was piled onto the couch and the sudden surprise gave me a minor heart attack. Before I pulled my eyes away, I saw the small mountain of warmth shift, and I slowly made my way towards it.

I stopped in front of it and saw the small bits of dirty blond hair sticking out from the blankets. I pulled back the sheet and saw Rafe asleep. I smiled softly as I bent down next to him, not sure if I should wake him up or not. But by the way, he was sleeping with his soft breaths, I decided against it.

I pressed a small kiss onto his temple and pulled the sheets back up to his chin. I switched off the living room light and made my way towards my room. I wasn't exactly sure why he was here, especially at this hour, but I figured that it was a question for tomorrow.

For all I knew, he was probably as exhausted as I was, and could use the sleep. I got myself ready to go to sleep and slipped into my own bed, pulling the sheets up to my chin, as well. Today was a long day, but tomorrow was going to be better, especially since I had my date with Rafe.

Sorry for the super long wait, things have been crazy for me at the moment. I hope you enjoy the chapter and also, if you're reading and you see any spelling or grammar mistakes, please point them out!!

I want to make this a really good book for everyone to read and enjoy.

There might be a small wait for the next chapter, but I'll try my best to get it out sooner than later.

-Syd<3