𝟒. 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐓 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 easily through the water as we arrived at the motel that was labeled on the key. The hurricane had destroyed the place, but the sad thing is, that it was barely a change from its usual appearance. "This place is a shit show," I muttered as I stared at the damaged motel.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie commented and everyone agreed.

"Doesn't look like a place where somebody with a Grady-White stays," John B said as he slowly pulled up to the small incline where the water met the grass.

"No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed," Pope commented and I could get a better look at the motel. Signs were on the ground, mattresses lined the grass and walls and everything was in pretty rough shape.

JJ faked a radio static, "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for a landing," He hopped off the boat and tied it off. Pope and Kie said that they would be the lookout while JJ, John B, and I would check out the room. I walked towards the front of the boat and JJ offered me a hand, helping onto the solid ground.

"Hey, y/n," Pope said to John B before he got off the boat, "Don't let them do anything stupid,"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh come on,"

"I'm not making promises," John B said and Pope sighed, knowing that was going to be the answer.

"Uh... be careful," Kie said as she handed the key to John B, "I mean it," He nodded quickly before hopping off the boat and joining JJ and me. Both of us exchanged looks, knowing we were going to ride his ass about him and Kie in a few seconds.

We got up to the second floor and JJ grabbed John B's face and started caressing it as he pushed him off. "Just be so careful, John," He mocked and I laughed lightly, "What was that about?"

"I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful, right y/n," John B said, trying to get me on his side but instead I rolled my eyes.

"That's some bullshit," I replied as we walked along the hallway and JJ knocked shoulders with me. "Honestly, you two would look good together,"

"And, since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been, like, 'Oh! Be so careful, John B,'" JJ joked and John B pushed him again, "'Oh, give me that John D already.' When are you gonna swoop on that, man?" He asked as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders playfully.

I agreed with JJ, but John B popped both of our bubbled quicky. "Guys, you know the rule. No Pogue-on-Pogue macking. You're the one always hitting on her," John B said to JJ, which was true, "On both of them," He finished, acknowledging that I was there.

"Of course I'm hitting on them. Kie's a super-hot, rich, hippie chick slumming with us," I rolled my eyes as JJ went on, "And y/n, she's a super hot surfer with a temper, best of both worlds," I pushed his arm off my shoulder and he looked at me with fake hurt in his eyes. "Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares?"

"You're invested in this, aren't you?" I joked lightly and John B agreed.

"I know that door's locked because I've tried it. Have you?" JJ continued, and I know that he's tried to hit on me, but I also knew that it was just JJ being JJ. "Unless, y/n, you wanna reconsider?"

"You need help," I told him, "And not just a little bit of help, like a lot of help," JJ objected but John B backed me up.

"She's right. It's like every girl who just has a heartbeat, you're like... 'Uhh!'" He moaned, pretending to be a zombie and touching my shoulder playfully.