𝟏𝟏. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐄𝐃 together as the sun beamed through my windshield, only to be dimmed by my sunglasses. Trees passed by my jeep in a green blur as I turned down the final street. Despite the events earlier, and the complaints of the group, I knew that I had to keep up my promise and watch Wheezie for the night. The group told me to meet them at John B's at eleven, just in case John B had another wild plan.

I pulled into the Cameron's driveway at exactly 5:30, locking the car and making my way up to the front door. I knocked once and waited for the large door to open, revealing the large house. I've never been to the Cameron's house and I figured that I wouldn't have been babysitting when I did, but here we are.

I assumed that Ward or even Wheezie would open the door; I wasn't expecting Rafe. He smiled when he saw me, and I returned the smile, happy to see him. "What're you doing here?" He asked and I adjusted the strap on my backpack, surprised that he wasn't out at a party.

"Babysitting," I replied as I could hear Ward's voice echo through the halls.

"Great, y/n, you're here," He smiled as Rafe opened the door wider, letting me into their, as expected, huge house. "We should be gone in a few minutes, then you'll have the house to yourself and Wheezie," He informed me and I nodded.

"Does she have any allergies I should be worried about?" I asked, knowing that I should take productions, just in case.

"She does not, but don't let her eat too much junk food tonight, or else she'll feel sick," I nodded understandingly, "And feel free to help yourself to anything in the fridge,"

"Thank you," I replied and Ward continued to make small talk.

"We'll be back around ten-thirty, eleven. You can do any homework--" He stopped himself and chuckled, "It's summer break, my bad,"

"No it's okay, I have a few things I need to work on for college next semester," I replied, motioning to my backpack which was filled with a few notebooks.

"College?" He asked and I nodded.

"I... uh... got a scholarship for science and technology," I told him and he looked towards Rafe. Even though I couldn't see the look given, I could see that Rafe practically shrunk away from his father. "It's really not that big of a deal..." I tried to say but Rose walked down the hall in a black dress, clutch purse in her hand.

"Well, we'll be off," Ward said before the two of them walked out of the door, closing it behind them.

"Hey, are you okay... I saw the look," I said turning to Rafe, not wanting to intrude but just make sure that he was okay.  But before he could respond with his usual 'I'm fine', Wheezie hopped down the stairs with a bright smile.

Rafe took that as his signal to leave, and honestly, I didn't want him to. "You must be y/n," The young girl said, "I'm Wheezie,"

"Nice to meet you," I replied, following her into the kitchen. "Want to make some dinner?" I asked and she was already searching through the freezer. A second later, she pulled out a frozen pepperoni pizza in a box, setting it down on the counter. "I can get this set up if you want to pick a movie,"

She agreed to my plan and walked towards the living room. I stared at the oven, pressing a few buttons to preheat the oven, before pulling the pizza out of the box. Not long later, the oven beeped and I put the pizza in, setting a timer for twenty minutes. I grabbed two glasses, filling them both with water than walking into the living room.

I handed Wheezie the glass and she thanked me; finally someone with manners. Taking a seat on the couch, I turned to the young girl, "What're we watching?"

"Twilight," She replied as she took a sip of her water, "Honest opinion, Team Edward or Team Jacob,"

I thought for a second, "Definitely team Jacob," I told her before elaborating, "He cared for Bella though all five movies, and he didn't want to throw up at their first encounter,"

"You're right, I'm definitely team Jacob. Plus, have you seen his abs?" Wheezie exclaimed and I agreed with her.

"I'll drink to that," I joked as we both took sips of our water.

A quarter way through the movie, I could hear the oven beep from the kitchen, and both Wheezie and I could smell the pizza from our seats. I made my way towards the kitchen and slid the pizza onto a cutting board before placing it on the counter.

"Sneezie, you make pizza?" Sarah called as she walked into the kitchen. Both of us froze and stared at each other, while I was mid-cut into the pizza. "Oh, hey,"

"Hey," I replied, focusing back on the steaming hot meal in front of me.

"I wanted to apologize about the beach... with Topper," Sarah said, and honestly, I was surprised that she was apologizing. "He threw the first punch and it would've been avoided if he just kept his mouth shut,"

"Yeah, and I'm sorry about JJ and the whole gun situation," I replied as I finished cutting the pizza.

"So I guess we can call a truce?" Sarah asked as she eyed the pizza and I laughed lightly.

"I'm down, but I can't speak for the rest of the group. They're a bit more... stubborn," I said and she took note of that.

"By the way, did you know some people call you the Pogue princess?" Sarah told me as she leaned against the fridge.

"People call me that?" I asked, intrigued. I assumed that a few people talked behind my back, but this wasn't what I expected.

"Well, that's what I've heard," She shrugged, "We're like the two princesses of the island," She joked and I actually found myself laughing and enjoying the conversation with her.

"Do you want some pizza?" I offered and she moved beside me, grabbing two of the eight slices. She thanked me and started to leave as I gave both Wheezie and me, two slices.

"Hey, y/n," She called and I looked up at her, "Thanks for driving Rafe home the night of the hurricane," I was about to open my mouth, confused on how she found out, "I saw your jeep pull out of our driveway and Rafe had a smile on his face, well, before my dad started talking to him," I nodded, a smile growing on my face as she walked away.

Grabbing the two plates, I walked back into the living room and both of us ate and watched movies for the rest of the night.

Edit (2021): So i have seen everywhere on tiktok and in the comments that you REALLY don't like jacob. it was a moment of weakness for me to write his name, and i formally apologize. i don't wanna rewrite the chapter, but just know, i am team edward and idk why i put jacob :)