𝟑𝟕. 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃

𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍 hour later, my phone began going off like crazy. Rolling over, I pulled it out from under the sheets, blinding myself once I turned it on.

We're coming to get you. Be ready in 5

Kie texted me less than a minute ago. I rubbed my forehead with my fingers, completely exhausted and practically begging to go back to sleep.

But I knew that whatever it was, it was important. I rolled out of bed and ran a comb through my hair, trying to tame the humid and frizzy mess that had happened while I was asleep.

I wiped under my eyes, flaking off any old mascara that fell to my cheeks, and snatched my bag off of my bed. I stifled a yawn as I opened my bedroom door, the hallway engulfed in darkness.

I knew that my mom must've gone to sleep since it was almost eleven o'clock. I quietly shuffled towards my front door, avoiding all of the well-known creaks that I had grown to know over the years.

As I shut the door, Kie and Pope were parked outside of my house in a big pickup truck. I squinted towards the bright headlights but slipped into the backseat nonetheless.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I dropped my bag to the side.

"John B's," Kie answered, "We got some supplies for Pope's plan,"

"Oh," I stretched out, completely forgetting the plan that we had talked about, hours earlier.

"You forgot it, didn't you," Kie accused and my cheeks flushed red.

"I--uh--maybe," I said truthfully, receiving a chuckle from Kie and a deep sigh from Pope.

"Look, we're going to get the gold tomorrow night, most likely, put in a safe or something, then find someone who won't point a gun at us," Pope clarified as he drove down the dirt road and into John B's makeshift driveway.

"I remember now," I lied.

"So, we gotta be done before my scholarship interview in the morning," Pope told the two of us as he parked the car.

"Okay, well, we gotta focus," Kie added as she unlocked her door.

"I know, I know," I joked.

"It's gonna be fine. We got John B and JJ inside the well, and me up top. With you, Y/n and Sarah outside transporting," He explained deeper.

"We got this," I reassured him as I slipped out of the backseat.

"I got a winch," Pope said as he and Kie made her way to the back of the truck. "That tin can hold over two-hundred... three-hundred pounds.

"Thanks," She said with a smile as I fished for my bag in the backseat.

"Uh, what for?" He asked, confused about why she was thanking him.

"Stranding us. You know, making us make up," Kie explained, talking about the plan that we had put together for the two girls.

"What makes you think that was me?" He questioned as a large whirring sound echoed through the lawn.

"What the hell?" I said as gold lights turned on, revealing that they were laced through different trees and bushed.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie asked as I shut the door and walked towards John B's house, with them.

Ducking under a low-hanging branch, I could see the outside of John B's house covered in more than just gold lights. Lights of different, bright, florescent colours strung themselves around branches.