Chapter_5

(Is being edited)

...........Moss...........

I wake up in my hospital bed, a bright light shining in my face. I haven't been to school in about two weeks and Fern hasn't visited me once. I missed her.

But I'm also worried. What if Kane killed her? I swear to Hell and back that if he touched her-

"Moss, goodmorning. Feeling any better?" A nurse said, cutting me off my train of thought. She was a pretty nurse. Blonde hair, pale skin, big green eyes.

"I guess. When am I getting released?" I asked, as nice as I could. Even though I was mad that I haven't seen Fern in awhile.

"When we do surgery on you, of course."

"I don't need surgery." I grimly say and she laughs.

"You have 18 broken bones and a broken spine. You could be paralyzed for the rest of your life."

"Well so be it." I get up and yell in pain. My back was killing me but I could do this. I take another step, determination on my face

"Sir, please sit back down."

"Kiss my ass." I say and keep trying to walk. I put one foot in front of the other as I balance myself on a cane.

I'm coming for you Fern.

.............Fern............

"Well, I guess this is goodbye. I'm going to miss you." I say and hug Cassie. I was leaving because once your vampire dies or is unable to feed on you, you get sent home. But they are always watching. If you tell someone, your dead. That is why most humans kill their vampires to get set free.

"I'm going to miss you so much." Cassie wraps me in a hug and I hug her back. I missed Moss. I missed the touch of his lips and everything. "Remember to text me when you get home safe. Okay?"

"Okay." I wave good bye as I get on the train and sit down next to the window. Cassie was crying tears and I wave one last time to her. The sound of the engine roars and the train starts. I silently cry as the vision of the vampire school slowly past into a blurred image.

I look around the empty train. It was dark, silent and gloomy. I hated the feeling. I get up and walk around, seeing food on a plate. Cinnamon rolls, cabbage stew, corn, bread, water, milk, cereal, spoons, forks, bowls and napkins.

There was a little message next to the bowls. I pick it up,  The fabric feeling rough on my fingers.

Fern, please make this food last. The trip is two days long with no stops. There is a bathroom near the end of the train. Enjoy your ride.

I sighed and grabbed a bowl and spoon. I poured some steamy cabbage stew into the bowl and walked over to my seat. I began to eat as I looked out the window. Farms and big trees passed in a hurl.

The cabbage stew was so delicious. I loved it. I place my bowl back on the cart and lay on the big seat. I slowly fall asleep, with Moss on my mind.