Chapter_4

(Is being edited)

........Fern......

I walked through the empty halls of our band class. No one chose band as an elective but I did. The principal  didn't even care about this side of the school anyway. The floors and bathrooms were disgusting and the lights were very dim, showing little light in a big dark hallway.

I hear footsteps and start to panic. But wonder if it's just Moss because he has been following me all day.

"Hello? Moss is that you?" I asked and squint my eyes to see a figure in the shadows. It was way bigger than Moss. We stared at eachother for awhile as the big figure cracked his knuckles.

"Want to play a game?" The deep voice asked me.

I shook my head and I could see a smirk appear on his lips. "Wrong answer." He came at me with lightning speed and I turned around and ran.

"CASSIE!" I yelled, knowing that she was afraid of this part of school and would never come over here so I screamed for Moss. Something I thought that I would never do.

"MOSS!" I yelled at the top of my lungs as I look back to see the big figure chasing me.

......Moss.....

I was skipping class. Didn't feel like listening to a lecture all day and by this point I didn't care if I got kicked out. I looked in every room, searching for Fern but didn't see her so I went to the band room. I knew she loved music.

Everyone hated this part of school. It was disgusting and dark. The creeps and vampires who are out of control are placed on this side. I knew Fern didn't know that and she was probably  in trouble right now.

I race to the Band room and see Fern running from a big figure. I stop in my tracks. It was Kane. Kane was the most powerful vampire across the world. Not even an army of millions could beat him. I pick Fern up and run as fast as my legs could take me.

But Kane still was catching up. He was right behind me and I ran even faster. I was unlucky. Kane picked me up I dropped Fern. "Run!" I yell at her and she runs behind the building but I could still see a clear shot of her gazing at me.

"What do you think your doing on my turf?" He said to me, his voice leaving icy chills on my neck.

"Nothing." I say and he laughs.

He stares at me before throwing me at the building. The pain was unbearable and unbelievable. It hurt so much, I never felt this much pain in my life. I grip onto my side, as I felt a breaking sound coming from my body.

"MOSS!" I hear Fern yell. I also hear other voices and look around to see a crowd forming around me. All my school mates watched and stared but I didn't spot Kane. He was gone.

Blood trickled down my body as Fern slid past to get to me. Her bright brown eyes looked into mine as she held me. A tear went down her cheek. I guess she cared for me.

"We need to get him to the hospital." Someone yelled.

"And let other humans find out that vampires exist? They'll  kill him like they did to the rest of us." Another person yelled.

"Who cares?! Just help him! He's dying!" Fern yell a and two big guys picked me up.

With all the strength I had left, I put my arm out towards Fern and slightly smiled at her. My finger slid down her cheek to wipe away the tear before I was pulled away.

Dying didn't seem so bad.

Updated: 12/24/15
Updated 6/21/16