13

[ERWIN]

The sunlight hit directly at my eyes and the heat burned my retinas. My eyes flickered open, taking time to adjust the surroundings before I reluctantly bolted upright even when the gravity wanted to pull me back to bed. I could feel my muscles aching possibly for sitting so long at the balcony last night. We were listening to songs, chatting about our lives and so much more. I recollected going back to bed around 5:45am after the tiredness got the hold of me, leaving Levi on his own. I hoped he was alright.

I circled my eyes around the organised, tidy room. A shadowy figure appeared in front of me, causing me to squint by the sudden lost of the brightness.

"Oi." The figure spoke but it sounded hazy. I still felt a bit lightheaded and somnolent.

The figure continued. "Wake up, idiot. Your father already left for work at 7 and I'm starving right now."

I stabilised my vision and the shadow became more clear. I chuckled tiredly, scratching my arm. "Oh, Levi."

He scoffed. "Of course you moron. Who else did you think it was."

"What time is it?"

"8:15." He stated as he aggressively tugged off the comforter that was covering my body. The cold temperature hit my skin and I shivered with the sudden exposure.

"Get your ass up." Levi barked. "I thought smartypants like you wakes up at 5am and study until your brain fluid starting to leak."

I grunted and dangled my feet at the edge of my bed. Levi was already in his signature black coat, his hair was a little damp which I assumed he must've had taken a shower earlier. Did he rummaged through my closet and searched for towels by himself?

Levi groaned in exasperation. "Hurry up, asshole. We're gonna get breakfast at the usual cafe. Go change, I'll be waiting downstairs." He demanded sternly and marched towards the door, slamming it a little too loud. I glanced down at the floor, grimacing. Instinctively, I stood up and stretched my body before making my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I gazed at the closed door that Levi slammed and my heart beat quickened all of the sudden.

Something about Levi being in my room felt indescribably right.

***

I halted down the stairs as I thrust my coat hurriedly. I didn't want Levi to wait. I noticed that he was sitting at a couch while scrolling through his phone. He didn't see me when I approached him because he was too focused on whatever was on the screen. When I was close enough, he looked up with an apathetic face.

"I'm sorry for the wait." I said softly. He just shook his head and stood up, height only reaching my shoulders. My lips crooked at the sight, he's so precious even when he looked as feisty as ever. I wondered if he needed to tip-toe to kiss me.

Wait, what? Why would I even came up with such amiss thoughts? That thinking was so disrespectful and unprofessional. Perhaps, I was still sleepy and not in my best shape.

"Erwin?"

I jolted, dragging back to reality. "Hmm?"

"I said let's go." He gestured his hand for me to move and so I hesitantly did. I hoped he didn't caught me staring. Then, I led him to the front door and grabbed the house keys on the keys holder. The metal dangled, slicing through the quietness as I went to open the door.

"Morning, Erwin!

My body jerked by a high-pitched voice and beamed emerald green eyes right into mine. I was frozen at my place. I didn't expect anyone to come at my house at such early hours. Did Levi not notice this person coming? Or he chose to ignore it? Despite my insides cringing, I showcased a polite smile on my face.