09

[ERWIN]

I caught a glimpse of the time out of the corner of my eyes saying it's already 5:34pm. Father should be back home by 7pm today. Levi looked exhausted by studying too much for the subject. He had drank two cups of coffee while I drank a cup of tea. I've been teaching him biology for 2 hours and 30 minutes now so I suggested that we should take a break.

"Levi." I called as I stacked up my worksheets and notes. "Let's go to the park." I said quite blandly, earning a tired look from him.

"For what?" He asked whilst fixing his sitting position.

"To ease our mind." I replied. "Studying too much can cause brain inflammation as well as stress. Therefore, we should balance it with physical activities."

I explained briefly as I looked up to see what Levi was going to react. He was staring at the pile of papers in front of him. His face was worn-out and if I was focus enough, I could sense that he was breathing heavily like he was disturbed by something.

I stopped from stuffing my books into my bag and stood up straight. "Levi?"

He jolted upward, signalling me that we was not asleep but it was quite obvious that he spaced out. I waited for him to regain his consciousness and continued on packing my stuff.

"Are you okay?" I asked once I was done with my task.

Levi nodded drowsily and caressed his forehead. "Mhm, yeah." He muttered in a hoarse tone and cautiously got up while closing his textbook before turning to look at me. "Sure. Let's go to the park."

I pursed my lips as I checked him. His movements were slow and I could feel that his energy draining out from his body ploddingly in a ghost-form.

I smiled sadly. This boy needed some serious help.

***

Upon entering the park, a slight breeze rustled the leaves making them fell to the ground one by one. The air was refreshing, the beams of sunlight glowing on my skin. The sky was a contrast between lavender and peach and it was a sight to see. Levi walked by my side along the pathway that was nothing more than dirt littered with random rocks.

I noticed that Levi was more awake and alert now and that's a good sign. The laughter of children and chattering of parents accompanied us as we trailed along the pathway, just enjoying each other's presence.

We engaged conversations and we didn't stop talking about the most random topics. Both surprisingly being huge anime fans, we discussed about Death Note. We both even despised Kira - the second Kira, not Light.

"Two shinigamis sacrificed themselves to save Misa and she killed herself?" Levi asked in annoyance, throwing his hands up in the air. He also said that L was such a genius and he would pay to see me fighting with him.

I just shook my head and smirked. "Nope. I'll lost." I said.

We somehow ended reminiscing about our favourite singers. I thought he was going to declare I was actually mental when I said I listen to Taylor Swift almost every single day when I was younger, until he told me that he was also obsessed with her.

"Shut up, it was nothing serious!" He snapped in embarrassment, probably regretting for telling me that. His face was turning red like a Christmas ornament as he looked away while I was holding back my cackle.

It was actually pretty nice to have a heart to heart convo with someone. Like, Levi. I didn't know that the both of us had so much in common. Both him and I struggled to find someone who understood us yet we were the ones who completed each other. Whenever I'm around him, I can be my true self.