24

[LEVI]

It was a pretty stunning day as a soothing breeze swept past our faces. The heat had ebbed to a comforting warmth. The sunshine had lost its brightness and the colours of the azure had softened. My eyes drifted to Erwin, and I couldn't help but to feel a frisson. After all the fantasies I had, here I was with my hand firmly clasped in his tender one.

My skin prickling as we strode along together in a comfortable silence, just the two of us. I wondered what he was thinking. While I'm here busy contemplating about what could we do for the rest of the evening.

I watched Erwin from behind while he unlocked the door of his house. When we entered it, a familiar sensation of home hits me as though something hugged my soul after a long absence. Mr. Smith wasn't anywhere in sight, probably had gone to work. Cluelessly trailing Erwin, he continued walking until we reached his bedroom. The same fancy one that I felt envious with.

I sat on his well-made queen bed. It was so irresistibly comfy, I almost wanted to lay on it with my arms spreading wide, imagining the mattress as snow. Oh, how I missed the feeling of it. My mind wandered about what would it be like to sleep here with him, just in each other's arms wordlessly. As if the stillness spoke for itself while we embraced under the cover of serenity. The thoughts promptly brushed away when I saw Erwin walked towards to his huge closet, eyes darting around like he was searching for a certain clothes.

"Hange messaged me just now." He began, but more focusing on his bundles of shirts. "She asked if we wanted to hang out with her and Moblit near town. You know? Catching up with things and hang out."

I pursed my lips. So much for a cuddling session. "Just say it's a double date, Erwin."

He finally turned to look at me with a subtle smile playing on his lips, a tiny hue of red painted on his pale cheeks. "Mhm ... yeah. A double date."

Spinning around, he returned back to his searching. I just now noticed how many childhood pictures were hanging on his bedroom walls; him at the kindergarten, him wearing a formal attire like a judge which I assumed happened during Halloween, him with another kid eating popsicles and so much more. Afterwards, my observation changed towards a distraught Erwin. He kept muttering something under his breath like, "Where did I put it?" and it was taking kind of long too. So, I decided to ask him. Maybe I could lend some help.

"Oi. Are you looking for something ...."

And I made a mistake by raising my head because Erwin, he ... already stripped off his shirt. I felt my tongue coarsening before I could even finish the sentence. The atmosphere suddenly charged and I found my eyes running over his defined torso. Gawking wouldn't quite describe my state but I was flustered and mesmerised by his physique. His biceps were almost the size of my head yet lean and his triceps looked like diamond.

He tossed his shirt somewhere and my own lust levels were rocketing. He wasn't facing me, however it was enough to make my heart raced. His exposed back was so undeniably attractive. Why ... why now?

Ok, full disclosure: When I told him we can do anything, I didn't mean this.

"What ... are you doing?" I managed, my voice blurry to my own ears.

"Well, I'm not going on a date with my uniform, aren't I?" Replied Erwin with an obvious tone. His eyes met mine and his gaze was so intense, it seemed like he's reading everything in my head; in my feelings, my desire. But of course he's not. Get a grip, Levi.

Then, he made everything worse. He approached me, acting all nonchalant like he was a Calvin Klein model while I'm here, feeling like there was a fresh lurch in my stomach. He ran a finger through his hair before stopping just inches away from me. We lapsed into silence and anxiety came to me like a burst. Erwin knew what he was doing. Such an asshole.