10

[LEVI]

The week went by in such bitter cold. I told myself it was normal just like any other day yet it felt so different. The near kiss incident with Erwin kept on replaying on my mind and sometimes it caused me to smile unknowingly. Furlan often teased me about it but I just said that I can't wait for Christmas and nothing else. Me and Erwin didn't talk as much, however we were more into stealing glances and checking each other out in secret.

Both of our egos were too high to even make the first move.

Also, I noticed that Erwin 'purposely' being hella chatty with Isabel in front of me. It made me wanna hurl. Isabel would gaze through her overly made-up puppy eyes with her sentimental vapidity, simpering softly until Erwin told her a joke. Then, she would giggle like a child who just witnessed a herd of clowns. When in fact, she's one of them.

I couldn't say anything about it, to do so it'll put our friendship at risks and that is something I won't do. I love Isabel and I wanted her to be happy in life.

But maybe apart of me didn't want her to be happy with Erwin.

For some reason, I've been hanging out with Hange and Miche a lot and some other 'smarties' in our school. I really wanted to tell Hange about the incident but I knew she wouldn't care less about it and I would just make a fun out of myself.

I ghosted Isabel frankly in the last few days nevertheless she didn't seem to bother or noticed my minor amend. Different from Furlan who came straight towards me, asking me about it.

Thankfully, I was smart enough to come up with a bunch of lies.

It's Wednesday today, my least favourite day of the week. Mrs. Petra entered the class about 15 minutes late, saying she got a meeting and some shit like that. I rested my chin in my palm while staring out the window. The weather was sunny, most of us just wore sweaters because it felt like tropical.

"Yo, Levi." Furlan whispered, snapping his fingers to get my attention. I turned my head to give him a glare. "Have you done your math homework?"

I eyed him from top to bottom and rolled my eyes. Lately, Furlan been asking me for homework and told me he was too 'busy' at home, taking care of his little sister. Being the nice friend I am, I searched for the paperwork that was crumpled in my bag.

I handed Furlan the worn-out sheet and gave him a sarcastic smile. "Here, dipshit."

He grinned. "Thanks, Levi. I owe you."

Later on, Mrs. Petra announced that she'll be collecting the work in a few minutes. Furlan beside me started to panic and just scribbled whatever my answer to his paper. When Mrs. Petra stood beside him, he gave her the work like nothing happened.

Then, she turned to look at me. She asked. "What happened to your worksheet, Levi?"

I shrugged lazily. "My drunk uncle puked on it."

That caused Mrs. Petra to wrinkle her nose and she drew her head backwards, in a subconscious gesture of disgust. Oh, please I understand that very well, Mrs. Ral. That expression made her look like one of the cadets that fought titans back in the year 850. That cadet died because she got stepped on. Lmao, what a tragic death.

"What? At least I finished them." I motioned my mouth to Furlan. "Unlike him. He just copied from me."

She turned her attention to Furlan now and I just smirked in victory.

She sighed. "I'll give you a new work after this, Furlan."

She walked away from our tables and continued collecting the homework from the remaining students. Furlan threw his hands up in the air and gave me an unbelievable stare.