11

Saturday. A date with Isabel. Erwin's mind was filled with nervous anticipation. He's not excited or scared, he just didn't want anything bad to happen on his first date. He pictured how the day will go already and rehearsed so that he'll be ready if they get into any unpredictable situation.

Erwin peered at his reflection on the long mirror. The outfit that he chose was pretty decent if you asked; light blue button down shirt tucked in a pair of black slack pants and a grey overcoat as an outerwear. For some unascertainable reasons, the weather felt unnaturally more pleasant and cool with persistent breeze.

Isabel set to meet in town and Erwin estimated the place would be crowded with people since it's the weekend. He peeked at his phone, there were multiple messages coming from Isabel; asking if he's coming or not or if he wanted to cancel the date. Erwin just replied with a simple, 'Yes' and 'No'. Then, he walked out in the empty streets as he made his way to the subway station.

***

It's 3:57 when he reached the stop. The mall was a seething mass of humanity and he almost got lost in the crowd. Despite the circumstances, he still managed to slide to the hoarde of people efficiently without ruining his outfit. And that's when he saw Isabel. She was wearing an oversized white hoodie with a pair of navy blue jeans. She let her hair loose and she looked simply divine. She was staring at her phone, sneaking looks around every two seconds while constantly checking people around her. She was searching for Erwin.

Erwin took a few seconds before walking over to her, just to drink up his racing mind. "Hi." He greeted politely.

Isabel almost dropped her phone and when she looked up to meet the male's eyes, a blush crept on her cheeks. "H-Hey! What's up?" She replied, trying her best to maintain eye contact.

That scored a smile out of Erwin. "I'm good and wow, I've never been here before. This place is packed." He admitted. It's true. It's been along time since Erwin had gone to town because his father mostly working outstation and he didn't get to spend much time with his elder. Erwin is used to it by now and he understands that his father is a busy man.

Isabel scratched the back of her head, laughing. "I kinda figured that."

"You've been here before?"

She nodded, holding up a peace sign. "Yup, twice."

"Amazing. So, where do you want to go first?" Erwin asked while glancing around the place. Isabel didn't answer him rather, she just grabbed Erwin by the wrist and dragged him to the entrance of the shopping mall.

Isabel smelt nice, a mixture of lavender and rose. She talked a lot which Erwin was fine with it, her blabbering could fill the awkward pauses and the tension that kept raising up. The building looked grand and modern. The ceiling was domed higher than any cathedral and made of the most beautiful glass. The temperature was colder than the outside, almost felt like pre-winter chill. There was no irritating music, just a busker with a guitar and a lady singing, 'Call of Silence' by Hiroyuki Sawano. One of Erwin's favourite song.

Her voice was captivating and angelic, almost making Erwin tripped over his steps while still being dragged by his friend. Isabel finally let go of Erwin when she found the shop that she wanted. Erwin gladly followed her from behind, still having the fear of one of them being lost in the sea of people. The shop held a variety of different dresses and suits. The colours were gleaming inside and out, an enthusiasm accentuating on Isabel's face.