02

[LEVI]

The school bell rang, giving permission for us students to go home and rest. But I bet those smartypants went home and got straight to their revisions. My god, don't you guys ever thought about giving your brains a break?

I stood up and packed my things. Just when I thought today was going to be like any other day but boy was I wrong.

"Let's go, Levi." Furlan informed with a deep voice. I cocked my eyebrows at him and let him lead the way. For some reason, my legs felt really heavy every step. Furlan started to get further and further away from me. Or maybe Furlan is just the type of person to walk very fast.

"Levi, come on." He whined. I just shook my head as a response and he grabbed my wrist harshly in irritation. My legs started to pick up the pace and both us reached the teacher's room in the twinkling of an eye.

"Goddammit, Church. Should've taken our time." I scoffed and let go from his rough grip. I'm not in the mood to lose my hand right now.

We came face to face with miss strawberry blonde yet again. I ignored the eye gaze from my fellow teacher and proceeded to look around the spacious room. It was outfitted with comfortable furniture, conference table and chairs even their own coffee-maker machine? Sheesh, teachers be getting the good good huh.

"Okie." She finally spoke after some moment. She kept herself busy by writing something on her logbook. She turned to look at us with a weak smile and clasped both of her hands together.

"Now that all of us are here. I will be introducing you guys to your new young tutors." She let out a hint of an evil laugh. I glanced at Furlan beside me and both of us made a disgusted face.

"Alright guys, come here." She announced while motioning her hand for someone to come. Then, two figures emerged out of nowhere.

My face fell faster than a corpse in a cement boots. My mouth hung as my lips slightly parted in an expression of stunned surprise. Every part of me went on pause while my thoughts trying to catch up.

"Here there are!" Mrs. Petra beamed enthusiastically. Why is she in such a good mood all of the sudden?

In front of me stood a 6'2 male that was staring at me blankly and I did the same too. It became a weird staring contest for the both of us now. I didn't have any feeling to look away but in fact, I felt intimidated. Oh my god.

Erwin Smith.

But wow I have to admit it, he looked better up close. Isabel was right, there's no denying his attractiveness. And I say this as someone who's never noticed another person's cheekbones in my life. But his cheekbones were worth noticing. His piercing blue eyes were unemotional as usual and I started to feel bad.

Does this boy even have any feelings?

I let a deep, audible breath and gave in. I turned my gaze to the teacher for any further information about me and Furlan new tutors.

Instead, Furlan got a girl to teach him. Psshh...talk about being lucky. She had wide, light brown eyes and her hair tied up in an unkempt high ponytail with bangs parted down the middle. Her nose is aquiline. She's pretty tall too and wore glasses.

"So, from this day forward Erwin and Hange will teach you guys everyday after school. You guys can either spend time at the library or at your own house. It's up to you. Well, if you don't have any questions, you're dismissed." Mrs. Petra explained briefly. The four of us drew away the attention back to each other.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ackerman." A husky voice spoke and it made me startled. Holy cow what was that.

I furrowed my brows and saw that Erwin was reaching out a hand for me to shake it. I eyed him from top to bottom and his seriousness really makes me want to laugh. But I kept that thought away.