XIV

Hikari's P.O.V

I sent our rings to my old team in the U.S.A, they tried to convince me to come back, but thankfully I was able to refuse. I finally discovered that my place is here in Japan with Manami and the boys... that I finally can call somewhere home...

I can't lose it, I don't want to...

I tried so many years to get away from that team, but I always said to myself that didn't matter, but when Elizabeth passed away I finally realized that the U.S.A was never my home, I didn't belong there.

Now that I'm finally free, I don't want to come back... never.

But the problem is: It has been two days since I'm not talking with the boys, there are rumors in the school that we have a fight. Shit, I don't know how to do this, I never have to apologize before... My father always said I'm pure of chaos, maybe he's right, maybe the boys are better without me... I said I would take care of them, I think the best way is distancing myself. But first I have to tell them the truth, they deserve it.

Today we have physical education, my body is crying out to spent my energy, maybe today I can play a little more seriously

When I was changing my clothes two girls approached me

"Hey, who you think you're to argue with the volleyball's team"

"Their... manager?"

"How funny, they don't need a mediocre manager like you, anyone can be their manager, just quit it e let them something better" usually I would not get mad, usually I would laugh of their faces, but not today, this only made me furious

"Hahaha do you think you're better than me? stronger than me? prove it. Today in the handball game we will know the truth. If my team lose, I'll quit the team, but if I win you all are going to leave me and my team alone"

"Deal, the way you play it's impossible to you win from us, we'll destroy you"

"I told you, silly girl, don't treat anyone until you know who they are" I looked at them with an smirk and deadly eyes, they turn into stone "I'm gonna show you how cruel the Sun can be"

3rd Person P.O.V

The boys on the other side of the gym hear a group of girls telling that someone bet her place as a manager in this handball game

"That can't be Hikari right? she would not leave us for a bet... right?" Atsumu sounded truly upset, then they hear the girl's team entering the gym. There was Hikari, but to them, she seems different, like she was ready to start a hunt... with a confident smile on her face.

The team's choice was clearly unbalanced, the teacher tried to fix it but Hikari said it was not necessary, probably the good players would try to disturb to lose. Then she asked her teammates "What's the percentage of a hit if I throw the ball for you?" they answered, the teacher asked who is going to be the captain? Hikari said it would be her.

On the other side of the court, the boys were perplexed, Hikari wanted to be a captain? The curiosity was killing them.

The teacher whistled for the game to start. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, five seconds for Hikari to score. Everyone was petrified, she was so fast that they barely saw what happened.

Another whistle, Hikari steals the ball, so fast that the other team doesn't even have time to realize she dodging them to make another score.

"Ara ara, that's it? I thought you would destroy me or something" Hikari teased

"You will get tired sometime" the girl from the other team answered

"Wait and you will see, little girl, who is their manager and how I protect what's mine, you better run"

Whistle. Now the opposite team made a barrier to not let Hikari pass through the other side but she smirked and jumped, in the air, she throws the ball so strong that the goalkeeper wasn't able to catch.

Whistle. They tried again to block her but she passes the ball to another teammate they catch the ball back and a girl who looks so strong trow the ball but Kyo was there and she catch it like it was nothing "Easy" she threw again to her teammate on the other side and she scores.

The boys were impressed by their manager's power thinking about how she could play so well and not even getting tired? She seems so confident and unstoppable, they were mesmerized by the side of their manager they never have seen before. The other team started to get nervous and decided to start their plan B.

When the teacher whistled again, only one girl tried to mark Hikari, and when she was close to the ball the other girl elbow Kyo's face. Her teammates tried to run in her direction to verify if she was okay, even the boys wanted to cross to court but their teacher doesn't allow them.

"Well she seems hurt, she's not able to play anymore" the adversary said

"Who said I can't play?" Hikari stood up and cleaned the blood in her mouth with her hand "See? perfectly fine."

The teacher asked "Miss Kyo, do you really think you're okay to keep playing?"

"100%, they have to break my bones to make me stop"

"Who are you? A monster?" the girl from the opposite team said

"The one who's going to win this game" and the game proceed.

But instead of looking hurt, Hikari looked stronger and faster than before. Kyo's team won the game.

"Well, I win, I hope you don't bother me and my team anymore, it was a pleasure to play with you"

Hikari was about to left the gym when she heard familiar voices coming in her direction

"Kari, are you okay, what happened?" Suna asked

"Yes, I'm fine, I'll explain everything to you guys later in our practice and when I say everything, I mean it, now I have to go"

"Where you're going?" Atsumu said clearly worried

"Infirmary" She smiled to show the blood in her mouth

"I will go with you" when she was about to deny he said "no need to worry, no questions just to make sure you're okay" she nodded knowing how much stubborn Suna can be if he wants, but was asking herself why they look so happy and relieved?

He did as he promised and we waited in the infirmary until it was practice time without saying any word.

When we entered in the gym all the boys were waiting for us

"I'm fine guys, first practice, the history is for the end."

But Kita interrupeted me

"No, you're more important than the practice, we're worried about you, tell me what you have to tell now, I already informed our coach."

I sighed "I guess it can't be helped, sit down, the story is long."