9 - an element

AQUA
chapter nine

🌊

Staying here for good?

“You mean here? This hotel or you’re going to purchase a house somewhere?” Jungkook asked, genuinely curious.

Jimin was eyeing him for a minute before he answered, “Of course here, I own this anyway. Is there a need for me to buy a separate house?”

Jungkook shook his head. “No, Sir. I’m just asking.”

“Where do you live?” Though the question was out of context, 8 still answered.

“On the left side, 5th house from here. Small, simple, blue door.”

Jimin nodded and got back on his food. They finished after a few minutes and Jungkook had to return the used dishes before going home. Jimin on the other hand did his routine and slept afterward.

Jimin informed Jungkook that he will start working tomorrow since it’s Monday. He ordered Jungkook to send him the files he needed, data, customer complaints, reviews, and the likes, which Jungkook followed obediently.

💧

The next day passed uneventfully. Jimin stayed inside his room, checking papers, signing and approving stuff such as salary increase and room and pool renovations. Jungkook cleaned Jimin’s room, which wasn’t part of his work, prepared their food and other things Jimin needed after he informed the restaurant manager that he was going to quit. The woman agreed without complain because Jimin had already sent her a special request, the night he and Jimin talked about it.

It was past 10 pm and Jimin just finished his work, Jungkook insisted to stay to be around in case Jimin needed something.

“Wanna go out and watch the stars?” Jungkook asked Jimin who was on the sofa, lying on his stomach. The latter glanced at him, eyes shimmering in enthusiasm. A smile slowly curving on his lips.

“Sure! Let’s go! I need rest,” Jimin excitedly said and immediately stood up, leaving Jungkook behind. The man chuckled at his excitement and followed suit.

💧

“Wow!” exclaimed Jimin as he watched the stars reflected on the seawater. The view was surreal, one he’d never seen since he had always isolated himself when he lived in the city. The smell of fresh yet cold night breeze, the calm little waves, the moon bright and full, the trees gracefully dancing, the… feeling of someone’s presence beside him. It was all foreign to Jimin. All are overwhelming, it’s making his heart swell in undeniable euphoria. These are experiences and feelings he longed for so long but was hindered by time, and his former situations. He thought this would be similar to all the places he’d been through, but guess he was wrong.

“Hey, why are you crying?” Jungkook worriedly asked when he heard a stifled sob. He pulled Jimin by the elbow and faced him. Unconsciously, he lifted his right hand and rested it on Jimin’s cheeks, using his thumb to dry his tears. “Why? What happened?”

“I’m just happy,” Jimin answered. "Let's be friends, Jungkook-ah. Call me Jimin, or hyung, depends on what you prefer."

"What? Why all of a sudden?"

"You're just... different. I'm comfortable with you, I like being around you. And this is new to me. To tell you honestly, I never had a friend. A real one--- and I want you to be the first," Jimin confessed, having a silent battle with himself for being bold.

"I'd be willing to be your friend because like you are, I never had a friend before as well. No one dared to approach me or ask that question. This is one rare moment I think wouldn't come to me for the second time. So of course, I won't let this chance slip. But Jimin..." he trailed, locking gaze with Jimin who was carefully listening. "I am indeed different, I possess something a normal person doesn't. I am not a mere human. Others call me a freak, a monster."

"What do you mean? Why would people see and call you that way? That's just absurd. You look totally normal to me." Jimin regarded him with his left hand.

"No, Jimin. Remember what happened yesterday. The water wall. The waves. And look at me. I may appear like any other human but I'm... you see, I'm capable of controlling water. I'm bound with water, Jimin. An element."

💧

This chapter is dedicated to @dettechimmy and @shanleykaterelacion. Thank you for reading and dropping comments on every update.

Special Announcement:
AQUA will have a slower update starting this week. I have things to do in school and essays to write for my major subjects. I will try to post one chapter every three days. Additionally, I just want to inform y'all that this story will have approximately fifteen to twenty chapters in total. We're already halfway through it! Enjoy.