16 - sea-colored

AQUA
chapter sixteen

🌊

"Can you... stay for the night?"

Jimin stared at Jungkook, unable to counter instantly. His brows furrowed as he averted his gaze and cleared his throat. They just got to tell one another about how they felt, and now they'll stay together? He was aware of how fast they were going into this relationship, but Jimin didn't want to hold back either.

Jungkook noticed the deafening silence. The concern on Jimin's face, the confusion obviously drawn on his eyes. "You can say no, I won't mind---"

"I c-can." He agreed because he felt like it's the right thing to do. Embarrassed, Jimin settled his gaze down, not even thinking of having eye contact with the man in front of him.

"Thank you, but will you be fine? I only have one bed---"

Jimin's eyes widened in surprise. "WHAT?"

"Calm down. I didn't say we'll share." His chuckles resounded on Jimin's ears, but opt not to be carried by how beautiful it was.

Jimin knew for certain that Jungkook was making fun of him and his exaggerated reaction. Though he wasn't really mad about it, he could at least try to act like he was. So, he rolled his eyes and turned his back from Jungkook.

The latter was still having a hard time containing his laughter but tried to soothe him nonetheless. "Hey, I'm just trying to lighten the mood."

"I'm fine," Jimin answered, however, he didn't hear any response from Jungkook. He turned around once more only to find out Jungkook was walking away. "Where are you going?"

"Don't miss me too much. I'm just going to prepare the room you'll use."

"If I'll be using your room, where will you stay?" Jimin asked upon realization. The corner of Jungkook's lips rose, making Jimin gasp for a second.

That's fucking sexy!

He regarded him from head to toe before he winked at him. "The same room--"

"But you said we won't share--"

"But on the floor," Jungkook interjected before he completely went out of the room, silently laughing for he got Jimin again. He didn't know Jimin was capable of such ideas. Not that it's impossible though, he's a man as well.

Since he immediately turned, he lost the chance of seeing Jimin's face turned crimson in shame. The man mentally reprimanded himself for having such lewd thoughts and giving Jungkook the opportunity of seeing those and end up teasing him. Get yourself together, Jimin! I beg of you! Stop acting like a pervert who knows nothing but thinks about such lecherous stuff. You're not here to have sex. Idiot!

Jimin was still lost in woolgathering when Jungkook came back, holding a sea-colored blanket on his left hand and a sun-printed one on the other.

"Which one do you prefer, Sir? This, or this one?" He emphasized what he was referring to by slightly raising his hand. Jimin was about to answer when Jungkook spoke again. "Or me? I promise to keep you warm."

"JUNGKOOK!" Jimin couldn't help but yell, sending the man daggers as he stared. But he knew, he just appeared whining since Jungkook doesn't seem bothered.

Jimin furtively smiled and watched the man laugh. One thing he discovered about Jungkook, is this side of him. He jokes around to make people comfortable around him. It doesn't seem like he was forcing it, he just naturally does it. Maybe that's just how he was.

"The blue one. Sea. Water. It reminds me of you."

The silence was beginning to engulf the space between them when...

"Fuck, why do you have to say it so softly?" Jungkook said before he could stop himself. "You're gonna be the death of me. I swear to all the gods, Sir. Damn it. Is it okay to like someone this much? No. Is it okay for me to like you this much?"

Jimin leaned back on the chair, watching Jungkook's odd behavior with his forehead creased. "It's not like it's one-sided. I like you just the same. Why do you seem so bothered?"

"Ah! I really suck on choosing the right timing. I regret offering you to stay here for the night. I might make a mistake. I don't want that to happen."

He had no idea what Jungkook was talking about, but just when he's about to clear things out, Jungkook was already out of his sight.

"What was that?" he mumbled to himself.

💧

Hello guys! It's been so long. Haha. This chapter was actually longer but I chose to cut it and just reserve the next happenings for the succeeding chapter. It was more of a flashback on Jungkook's story. We're down to Chapter 16, 4 more chapters and we'll have to say goodbye to this story as well. But... let's forget about that first and just have this one. Quite lame, but hope y'all will like it. I will try to update more often too so I could make it up with you guys. Thank you for waiting! 🥺❤