Epilogue - Six Years Later

"Look what I found." Krystals husband held up her high school and college diary. Embarrassment flooded her body.
"Give me that!" She reached for the black book but missed.
"Not so fast. I want to read where I come in." She heaved a sigh and got out of bed. She waddled to him.
"Give!" He danced around her, singing like a child. He held the jornal just out of her reach. Krystal suck in a sharp breath, moaning as she clutched her stomach. Her husband immediately stopped his antics and dropped his hands to her stomach.
"Krystal, are you okay?" He panicked. She snatched the book from his hand and laughed manically.
"You fool." She shook her head and clutched the book to her chest.
"You can't use the baby against me!" His jaw rest on the floor.
"I'm not, the baby is on my side."
"I can't believe you'd try and pin our daughter-"
"Son." She corrected him. They gave each other the stare down.
"Our child," He corrected both of them. She nodded in agreement. "Against me!" She gave him a smug smile and shrugged her shoulders.
"I'm going to go lay down." Still clutching the diary, she waddled to the bedroom. She was almost at full term now. They both refused to learn the gender, but they had names already picked out.

On the bed Krystal flipped through some of the entries, rereading her old thoughts a feelings.
"Feels like a long time ago, doesn't it?" Krystal met his eyes.
"It does. Sometimes I forget about how much pain I really was in back then." Blake crawled into his side of the bed. "You saved me."
"And you saved me." He put his head on her stomach and listened to the baby. Krystal grabbed a pen from their nightstand and started to write again.

Dear Diary/Nancy,
It's been awhile and I only think it's fair that I update you on my life.

"Daddy?" A head of dark sea of curls stood in the door way. Krystal couldn't see her face over her belly.
"Yes baby?" Blake sat up.
"Can I listen to baby brother too?" She asked. Blake glared back at his wife, she gave him a smug smile.
"Your baby sibling? Sure, come here honey." He scooped her up and placed her on the bed next to him. She looked so much like Nancy but with Krystal and Blake's dark hair.
"Hi mommy." The little girl whispered to her mom.
"Hi baby." Krystal whispered back.
"What is my brothers name?" She asked as she laid down on her mother's stomach.
"Vincent Gregory."
"I don't like that name." She wrinkled her little nose.
"Nancy Gene!" Blake scolded her with a chuckle.
"And what do you think it should be?" The little girl thought for a moment.
"Jordan."
"Jordan Gregory?" She nodded, her hair wiping behind her. Krystal and Blake exchanged a look.
"I like it."
"Me too." She agreed with her husband.
"My brothers name is Jordan?" Krystal nodded. Nancy scrambled up to her mom and wrapped her little arms around her neck. Krystal laughed and tickled her daughter.
"Alright, alright." Blake pulled Nancy with him. "Mommy's got to rest, but do you want to make her breakfast with me?" Nancy bobbled her head up and down. Krystal smiled at the two as the left the room.

Blake and I got married. He wormed his way into that too. We have a daughter now, her name is Nancy Gene Hardy. She's a curious one. Blake is a wonderful father. His sisters are great too. Hannah, I'm sure you'd remember her. We talk about you sometimes, it's nice to talk with someone who remembers you too. Hannah and Gabriel were both maids of honor at my wedding. Ted eventually came around and Blake and him have gotten to be decent friends again. Got a girlfriend, she's nice and keeps him in check. Mom and dad are doing fine. They visit often, especially now that I'm in my third trimester. I tell you, everything hurts. I had no idea how much pain I'd be in at this point. Blake makes me baths every night. I told him he should wait on me hand and foot considering he made me this way.

"Mommy!" Nancy tumbled into the room holding syrup and the can of whip cream.
"What do you have baby?" Krystal closed the journal and put it aside. She knew it would take her several days to finish's her update in her journal, there was no rush. At this point, she had nothing but time.
"Daddy made panicakes and I have the surup and whippy." Nancy was still learning all her words properly. Blake came in holding a plate of 3 pancakes.
"Look what I got!" He sang.
"Panicakes!" Nancy clapped her hands happily.
"Are you going to share them with me?" She pulled her daughter close, still holding the syrup and whipped cream. Eagerly, she nodded. "Good."
"Can I have some?"
"Should have made more." Krystal stuck her tongue out.
"Fine I will. I'll have my cake and eat it too!" She chuckled at her husbands childish behavior.
"You're an idiot."
"But I'm your idiot." He sang.
"How misfortunate for me." She gave him a wink.

I still have dreams of my sister, but I haven't had the nightmare in years. They were purely good memories of her or her sitting with me and I tell her everything in my life now. All of them new things. All of the Blake things, all of my little Nancy things. I truly believe it is her, she laughs and loves everything just like she used to. She would make fun of me for most of my relationship with Blake until we got engaged, then she was jealous. A part of me has a heavy heart that Nancy will never get to do these things; graduate high school, get married, have kids, go on family vacations. But she lived through me, with me. She lived in little Nancy, she was so much like my sister. That was the best gift my daughter could ever have.

Blake walked back into the room and watched his family, eating pancakes and laughing.

I was always envious of the love my parents had. They were strong and best friends, they made it through everything. Finding Krystal was the best thing that ever happened to me. There of course has been hick ups in the road and there are good days and bad. This incredible women has gone through so much and she is still so young. I'm so proud of her and how far she's come. I'm lucky to be in her life and just incredibly lucky to be her husband. I hope she gets her wish. I hope she gets a son, I still want a daughter but the one we have now is perfect.

Krystal looked up from Nancy's face to Blake's.
"Are you going to join us pouty pants or just stand in the doorway?" Nancy toppled over in laughter. Blake smiled and crawled into bed with them.
"I'm always right where you need me."

Yes, yes you are.