~Chapter 15~

The Last Chapter

We both panicked when we heard shouting and the sound of gunshots upstairs.

" What shall we do??" Catherine asked worried

" We have to help them" I said trying to control my anxiety

" Here take these" Catherine said handling me a sharp knife that Kartik and me had kept here for the body experiment that we were gonna do, I immediately dropped the knife on the floor and Catherine gave me a confused look.

" We're not killing anyone" I said and picked up an old steel rod

" Whatever suits you, I'm using a knife" she just shrugged her shoulders and then slowly opened the door.

We tiptoed upstairs, checking our surroundings, suddenly Catherine signalled me to be quite. We were hiding behind a long and thick curtain and slowly peeked through the curtains .

There was a person wearing all sorts of protective gear and a helmet which covered his face also, he had a gun in his hand and bunch of other things attached to his clothes, he looked like the same person, the one I saw the day Nestor was killed and when I unconsciously found some people stabbing a person in a dark alley.

A drunk boy tried to hide behind the curtains just a few metres away from us and made a noise. The man in black immediately became alert and pointed the gun towards the curtain area where we were hiding, but then the drunken boy suddenly made a groaning sound, the man shooted a dart containing a slimy liquid, and the boy fell on the floor unconscious and he was dragged somewhere by the man.

Catherine and me were so scared that we didn't want to come out of our hiding but then she heard some voice, she tugged at me to follow her, I just nodded and followed her. We were also checking our surroundings simultaneously, but unfortunately when we were going to the main hall Catherine's foot slipped, we both looked at eachother with horror.

" Hide!!" She whisper shouted

" No no come with me" I had tears in my eyes when I heard the sound of boots coming towards us

" They will find us, why don't you just hide, at least one can be saved" she said and didn't even got up from her position

" And leave you here" I questioned

We both then heard a scream, a scream which I didn't want to hear, I ran to the main hall and saw Natalie literally shaking out of fear but then I noticed her gaze was fixed on something, so I followed her gaze and saw Kartik lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

" NO!!" I shouted and ran towards him and sat there shaking him

" Get up, you can't die that early" I cried

We had lost everything, suddenly someone dragged my hands behind my back and tied them, but I didn't care about it, I felt a painful sting in my neck and saw they have injected me with that slimy liquid.

Everything was getting blurry, Tristan was also in the same position as me, while Catherine was being dragged to the main hall, Kartik was dead and there were no whereabouts of Jack.

"And then we were all separated."

So how was the story guys??
Please vote and comment.

Don't worry, only the first part of the story has ended, it's sequel is on the way but for that you have to vote and share this story with your friends

Thanks!!
~Ellen⚡