chapter eight.

eight. everything will be okay.

     THE FIVE KIDS and teenager all hid behind a rusty color car

THE FIVE KIDS and teenager all hid behind a rusty color car. They were all sharing binoculars as they stared and watch Billy. They arrived to the local pool and secretly watched him.

Billy sat in his lifeguard chair, shades on and a long sleeve shirt. He held an ICEE cup and a towel rested on his lap. Covering the other half of his leg that were revealed. As if he was protecting himself from the sun.

"I don't know. He looks pretty normal to me." Max said as she looked through the pair of binoculars.

"Normal," Lucas perked. "How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" He questions and Phoebe released a breath.

He was right. If anyone knows Billy. he is known for never wearing a shirt. No matter how cold it is. Especially never in this type of weather.

"I mean, it's a little weird." Max agrees.

"More than a little." Phoebe spoke, gaining everyone's attention. She didn't remove her eyes from Billy. She missed him so much. It hurt her that something was wrong with Billy and she could do nothing about it.

"He was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold." Mike says, "plus everything else--"

"But he's lounging at the pool, which is, like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever." Max protests, not fully accepting that something is wrong with Billy.

"Not necessarily," Will cuts in. Phoebe and all the kids turned towards Will. Waiting for him to continue. "The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like...like you're a dormant. And then, when he needs you, you're activated." He finishes.

"Okay, so we just...wait until he get activated." Max suggests as they all looked towards Billy again.

"No," Mike shakes his head. In disagreement. "What if he hurts someone?"

"Or kill someone?" Will includes, causing Phoebe heart to drop.

She felt her eyes tearing up at the thought that if Billy kills someone and he returns back to normal, he would never return from that. He would blame himself for everything.

"We can't take that chance. We need to find out if he's the host." Mike said. He then stopped leaning on the car and began walking.

"Where are you going?" Phoebe questions.

"I have an idea. Boys only." Mike responds as he continue walking and motioning for the boys to follow him.

Max and Phoebe scoffed, "seriously?" They both argued. Clearly upset.

"Just trust me on this one." Mike says, finally leaving with the boys.

The girls stared at each other. Annoyed that they were left behind.

"What if he's actually the host?" Max worries, looking towards the ground. Concern for her older brother. Even after everything they've been through, she didn't want to lose him. They just started to become close.

Max felt a comforting tap on her head. The red head lifts her head up to see Phoebe standing there. A warm smile on her face and her glossy green eyes. "We will get him back, Max. Everything will be okay." She reassures, but Max saw the pain in her eyes. Even in her smile, but she was trying to stay strong. "We will fight and get him back just like we did with Will." She adds.

Max nods and El goes in to hug the red head.

Just then, the boys returned.

"We have a plan." Mike perks.

Everyone huddles together, "we have to wait until the pool closes. There's a Sauna in the men room. We have to figure out a way to lead Billy into the Sauna and put it to the max degree. So it can get super hot and we can remove the Mind Flayer from Billy's body." Mike continues. Saying the plan completely until, "we just need to figure out a way to get him into the Sauna."

They all stared at each other and conversed on what they should do.

These damn kids came up with a brilliant plan.

They went their separate ways to gather things they needed use against Billy. Max stayed behind to keep an eye on Billy.

Phoebe went on her own to grab the chains that are going to hold Billy from breaking the door. She sighed as she stared down at the chains. Missing Billy and constantly thinking about him.

She really hoped that they would be able to save him if he's the host. That he isn't to far gone.

"Are you okay?" A voice interrupts.

Phoebe shot her head up and saw Mike standing there. She didn't even realize that she has been crying. She didn't even feel the tears coming down her face.

The blonde wiped her tears away, "yes. I'm okay."

Mike goes up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "everything is going to be okay." He reassures.

Will it really? Phoebe thinks to herself.

Phoebe nods, in agreement, but still believing otherwise.