chapter ten.

chapter ten. flayed? [part one]

        THE KIDS AND Phoebe soon decided to return back home after the sauna incident

        THE KIDS AND Phoebe soon decided to return back home after the sauna incident. Everyone was pretty shaken up by the events and they were all deciding on what they should do next.

The boys suggested that we should see what Hopper was up too since he hasn't been home or anywhere near. They wanted to inform him on everything that has been happening.

So, of course, they decided to turn towards El to see if she can find him. Phoebe didn't have that type of powers. To search for people and she wished she had so she can give her little sister a break from using her powers.

The kids and Phoebe all surrounding El as she focused. The only thing that was heard was the sound of the static tv to help El. She had a blind fold around her eyes and everyone stared at her; awaiting for her to tell them what she saw.

"I found him." The young girl finally speaks.

"Where?" Phoebe questions.

"Woods." She simply responds and everyone seemed a bit confused to why he was in the woods. "He's with Will's mom." She also says which caught the Byers attention.

"My— my mom?" He wonders.

"What are they doing?" Max asked, her brows furrowed.

"Ill—annoy." El says, causing even more confusion. "They're going to Ill—annoy." She repeats.

"Mike! Breakfast!" Ms. Wheeler yells from upstairs.

"Not now, mom!" Mike yells back. He then turned to El as she was removing the blindfold. "Illinois? Illinois, like the state?" He asked, trying to see if that was what El meant.

El shrugs and repeats, "Ill—annoy."

The group sigh and wondered why they were heading to that state. What could be the reason why Hopper and Joyce were together and going there.

Max sighs and stands up, grabbing Els hand and taking her to the bathroom. "Let's go get you cleaned up." The redhead suggest.

Once the girls left, Mike stood to his feet. "Something is not right. I can't get Hopper off my back all summer and now all of a sudden, he's hiking with Will's mom to Illinois? And Dustin's MIA too? I mean this can't be a coincidence." He rants as he paced around the room, trying to put the pieces together.

"What does it matter?" Lucas states. "The bottom line is, they're not here. It's up to us." He says.

Phoebe just looked at the angst boys and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Up to us to do what exactly?" Mike retorts.

"Find Billy and stop him." Lucas said.

"Okay that's a nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again, and that's a pretty big if, then what?" Mike argues, trying to see if they can find a solution to their problem.