chapter one.

one. birthday promises.

        PHOEBE'S POV

PHOEBE'S POV. IT'S BEEN A couple of months since El and I closed the gates. The only problem we face now is when Billy comes to my house completely torn apart and bruised. I help and stitch him up, but there's only so much that I can do without involving my father. Billy has told me multiple times to not do so, so I don't.

Right now, I'm in Billy's car. It's finally summer and also my birthday. My handsome boyfriend picked me up early in the morning so he can take me out to a new breakfast place we've never been too.

Ever since Billy and I have been together, I gotten super close to Max. She has told me how much Billy has changed and how softer he's become. It makes me happy that I helped restore their relationship. The fact that the kids even talk to him as well still surprises me. Even when Lucas goes to Billy asking for relationship advice to help him with Max, but Billy doesn't give him any. Instead he glares at him. Lucas still hasn't warmed up to him yet. Especially now that he's dating Billy's younger sister and the protective side comes out of him sometimes every time Max and Lucas break up.

Other then that, summer so far has been going so well. Billy got a job at the local swimming pool which made us both so happy because Billy has been dying for a job. Even though I don't enjoy those horny mothers looking at him, but I don't worry about it because I know Billy wants me and he very much shows it to me all the time.

"You look beautiful, Phoebe." Billy voice removes me from my thoughts. I turned to look at him, smiling, of course and I'm pretty sure I'm blushing. He compliments and his words always makes me feel special and pleased. 

"Thanks, honey." I raised my left hand to caress his face, "you look beautiful too." I winked, playfully. "I love how much your hair's grown." I moved my hand to touch his soft, curly mullet. Towards the end of the school year, we have aged a lot. Especially the kids. Gosh they were twice my height now, except for the girls. They were just a few inches taller than me.

"Thanks, baby." He grins, looking at the road. I could tell he was admiring my touch. I knew he loves when I touch him, but not in that type of way. The way in which we're very affectionate towards each other. We've gotten super close within these past few months, but we still haven't said I love you to each other. One time it almost slipped when I was saying my goodbyes to him on the phone. I want my first time in saying it to be special and I know he does as well, but I know he does even without him telling me. They way he stares at me, speaks to me, treats me, and the way acts with me says so. No one ever expected Billy to act this way.

I turned to look at Billy, pouting. "Where are we going, Billy? It feels like we've been driving for hours." I complain, placing my chin in my hand and waiting for him to respond.

He lets out a chuckle, "we've only been driving for about forty five minutes, princess." He replies, still smiling. Billy kept his eyes on the road because I have told him multiple times to not take his eyes off the road. God knows what could happen if he removes his eyes off the road for even a split second and I never want anything bad to happen to Billy. "And we're almost there. Like ten more minutes." He also informs.