Chapter 31

I've always hated jars. Pickle jars, money jars, salad jars, you name it. I was never able to open jars. And I hated always having to ask someone else to open it for me.

"Luke, can you please open this for me?" I offered the money jar to Luke who was sitting on the couch with his legs crossed over the living room table.

Luke nodded and took the jar from me, not looking away from the tv. He opened the jar without using any strength and handed it back over to me.

"You're really getting way too much into that show." I remarked as I walked back to the kitchen and spread all the money from the jar over the kitchen counter.

"Shush, Lay." Luke hushed me as he waved his arm in my direction.

He had been watching Doctor Who for a whole week now, putting it on every single day and watching at least ten episodes. When I suggested for us to watch it seven days ago when we had the big hangout with all of our... new friends, Luke was the only one who didn't want to watch it.

Now he's the only one who still wants to watch it.

I didn't say anything back to him as I started counting the money before me. When I was half done I heard the oh too familiar theme song and Luke stood up, wanting to put on the next episode.

"Luke, you said just one more and that's it!" I whined, wanting his help with what I'm about to do.

"But Lay, it's more interesting than it's ever been! Just one more!" Luke turned around and pouted like a baby.

"You said that the last time." I said quietly and my face fell. I continued counting the money and heard Luke let out a loud groan.

"Ugh, fine. That's it." He then bent over to take the remote from the couch and turned off the tv. I smiled widely and motioned my hand for him to come over.

"What are you doing with all this money anyway?" Luke asked and propped his elbows on the kitchen counter, looking up at me innocently.

"I'm taking you out for dinner." I said proudly and Luke made a confused face.

"Really?" Smiling, he stood up and walked next to me.

"Yes. You, Calum, and Michael, Lisa and Ashton!" I counted and Luke's smile slowly faded.

"Oh." He tried to hide disappointment in his voice but failed. "How come?" He then asked, looking to the side and scratching the back if his head like he's not really interested.

"I just want to." I shrugged innocently, not giving anything out. Luke seemed to believe me as he nodded.

"Have you told anyone yet?" Luke asked curiously, now sitting back to his chair by the kitchen counter.

"No, I was just going to call them now." I smiled and took my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans. I dialed Calum's number first and pressed call as Luke watched me a smiled.

"Hey mate." Calum picked up and I instantly started laughing. I put him on the speaker so Luke could hear.

"Hey Cal! You're on speaker, Luke's here. Are you on a date again?" I asked, bumping Luke on the arm as we both giggled quietly.

"No, I just wanted to call you mate." Calum sighed. "What's up?"

"I'm just calling to ask if you can come by tonight so I can take you and the guys out for dinner." I explained and smiled, already excited for tomorrow.

"Oh... tonight?" Calum trailed off. "I'm sorry, Layla. I think I have something important to do for tonight." Calum apologized and my face fell.

"Really? Don't you think you can put it off?" I pleaded.