Chapter 15

After I was done cleaning up the table and the kitchen I got bored so I decided I'd call Calum. I haven't heard from him since that thing on the beach.

I called his number and after a few rings he picked up.

"Lay!" he said happily. "What's up dude!"

"Dude?" I mocked. He never called me dude unless...

"Are you on a date?" I asked smiling widely.

"Yeah, bro." Calum laughed again and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Oh. Sorry for interrupting, I'm gonna go now before you run out of man nicknames to give me. Call me when you get home?" I rambled quickly and waited for his response.

"Sure thing, mate! See ya!" he said and hung up.

I've never felt any manlier than I do now.

And who goes on a date at 5 pm? Does the girl he went out with have to be home at 7? Who could she be, anyway? I don't remember Calum telling me about seeing anyone.

I shrugged to myself and went to sit on the couch.

When did I become such a no lifer? I used to go out with my girl friends and get drunk four times a week. Now I'm just stuck at home fighting with my roommate every single day. I feel like I'm in a marriage.

I decided I'd call Lisa and ask her if she's free tonight. I wanted to clear my head from all that's happened in the past week. And besides, I had to pay her for the loan and bills and stuff about the apartment.

And maybe get something about Luke out of her.

I scrolled through my contacts and finally found her name.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hi Lisa, it's Layla!" I greeted her, smiling.

"Oh hi! What's up?" Lisa asked cheerily.

"I was wondering if you're free tonight and wanna go out in a club or something." I chuckled at her always positive happiness.

"For the good old times? Hell yeah!" she chimed.

"That's great! Are you going to be around at, let's say... 9?" I asked, thinking about what time we should go out.

"Nine is great! I'll come pick you up at the apartment!" she agreed and the conversation ended there. I put my phone on the couch next to me and stared at the ceiling. Just when I wanted to close my eyes and rest a bit my phone rang yet again.

I looked at the unknown number trying to remember what person had those last four digits. No one came to my mind so I just picked up.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking at the tv program Luke was previously watching before he went out.

"Meet me on the beach in 5." Luke ordered and I instantly stood up from the couch, surprised that he's calling me.

"I can't get there in five minutes, it's too far." I argued, confused and still edgy about what's happened during lunch.

"Well hurry then." Luke argued back and then the line went dead.

I hate when he's so bossy. He thinks I'll just do whatever he says.

And I did. Wow, I'm so predictable.

I took my car keys and drove to the beach. I assumed he meant the same place where I accidentally wandered off that night so that's where I went.

It wasn't as cold outside as it was in the past few days so I just had an oversized purple sweater and tights. I changed once I was done cleaning up the kitchen.