Chapter 16

"Where did you change your clothes?" I asked after a few minutes of silence, slurping on my hot chocolate that we had bought on the stand near the beach a few minutes ago.

"Michael borrowed me the hoodie and the pants are mine. I left it by the beach house once so he took them and now gave them back." Luke shrugged, still having his arm around me in order to make me warm.

I wasn't cold anymore but I didn't tell him. For some reason I didn't want him to move his arm away.

"You left your pants on the beach? Why?" I asked surprised.

"Um well... Let's say I- Wait let me phrase it correctly-" Luke stuttered and I smiled, waiting for what he's gonna say.

"I got laid."

I almost choked on my chocolate, coughing it out and lightly kicking my chest to get some air. Luke chuckled nervously and tapped my back in order to help me.

"Nice job phrasing it correctly." I said sarcastically. "You had sex on the beach?"

"Of course, who hasn't had- Oh. Nice pun." Luke rocked himself in my direction making us both stumble. "Well it was when I was still a total complete wreck and I was wasted. I woke up sleeping in front of my apartment door in just my underwear. I guess I wasn't able to put the key in the keyhole." he explained and laughed at himself.

I started laughing too, imagining him being all sleepy and confused as to why he is nearly naked outside of his own apartment.

"Oh my God I wish I could've seen that!" I smiled widely, looking at his red cheeks.

"What's your embarrassing memory?" Luke then asked and removed his arm from around me to shuffle his hair. Cold wind suddenly caught up to my arm where his hand has been before he removed it and I got the chills.

"Um..." I trailed off thinking as I rubbed the spot on my arm in order to make it warm. "Once I was having a drink with my friend and it was already like 11 pm so the music was loud and we couldn't hear each other very well. I was trying to tell her that I can't come to the pool with her and some other friends because I got my period and just as I came to the middle of the sentence the song ended and the only thing the whole bar could hear was me yelling 'I got my period!'" I rambled, my cheeks heating up.

"Oh my God!!" Luke shrieked with his eyes wide open. "That's horrible and hilarious at the same time!"

"Wait, it gets worse." I said, putting my pointer finger up.

"You mean it gets better." Luke interrupted and then motioned his head for me to continue.

"Later when I went to order another drink to forget the embarrassment, the bartender said 'Just a heads up, if you hadn't had unprotected sex you wouldn't have to be worried about getting pregnant.'" I finished the sentence, Luke cracking up in the middle of it.

He held his stomach and hiccuped every once in a while because he couldn't catch his breath. His eyes clenched completely and his smile was huge. He looked adorable.

I then laughed as well, realizing how funny it actually was. It was an extremely uncomfortable memory, but funny.

"How could he think that a good girl like you has unprotected sex?!" Luke then asked after he stopped laughing. "You probably have a special drawer for condoms and contraception pills."

"Excuse you! Look who's talking! You literally had sex on the beach in a drunken state!" I defended myself.

"But come on, you can't say that you don't have a bunch of condoms somewhere in the apartment!" Luke ignored my remark and continued teasing me.