t h i r t y s e v e n

i woke up the next morning feeling half dead, i had spent most of the night arguing with my mom about the whole pregnancy situation, and i spent the rest of the night overthinking, leaving me on bad terms with my mom and running on virtually no sleep.

i had recently made a habit out of talking to my baby whenever i could, i would tell it everything that was going on with mattia and i, and shower it in as much affection as i could.

i knew for a fact that mattia was going to be an amazing father, and i felt like i had to get on his level.

the baby hadn't even been born yet and i already knew that there was nothing i wouldn't do for it.

i thought about how it would have mattia's eyes and nose.

sometimes the baby would kick,  and i would literally be happy for the rest of the entire day, but this morning there was no response when i spoke, i got the sense that something bad was going to happen soon.

i tried to ignore it, though, i made myself a coffee and got in the car, my mom hounding me about being on time.

i prepared myself for the worse, knowing that most people had heard the rumours about my pregnancy, and i was terrified to see how they'd react once the rumours were confirmed.

i walked in to see that mattia was there already.

'hey!' i whispered, sitting down in the chair beside him.

'this man is so fucking stressed.' he said nodding towards the door.

through the window in the door i caught a glimpse of mr miller pacing back and fourth.

'have we literally fucked it up?' i said to mattia.

'no, no.. maybe.' mattia shrugged, 'but he'll figure it out.'

i chewed on my lip, wondering how everything was going to unfold.

'hey, hey, hey don't do that.' mattia noticed, gripping his cold fingers around my throat and using his thumb to pull my lower lip out from under my teeth, turning me on without even trying to.

he rested his hand on my neck for a moment, staring into my eyes.

'mattia, stop that,' i giggled, 'not here.'

'i try to compose myself, but you make it so hard.' he smirked, letting go of me.

'shut up.' i laughed, punching him in the arm gently.

'ouch!' he said overdramatically, 'i love it when you get aggressive.' he said, looking me up and down and biting his lip jokingly as he held his arm in the spot where i had hit him.

'you're going to be the death of me, mattia polibio-'

suddenly, everyone poured into the room, causing mattia and i to move our seats apart instinctively.

after around fifteen minutes, the courtroom was in full swing, and i could feel all eyes on me.

a collective inhale filled the room and hung above us like a cloud as we all restlessly waited for the information that was on all of our minds, including mine.

the energy continued to build up until it felt like the room was going to burst into flames.

'so, as you can see, sir, the footage that has been showcased has clearly been manipulated to work against my clients, mr polibio and miss l/n, as the documentary evidences B and C display y/n and mattia presenting the ordinary mannerisms of that of an ordinary friendship, which was confirmed by the outcome of the analysis performed by our digital behavioural analysis network, as you can see in evidence F. therefore, it is obvious that the relationship between my clients is nothing more than exactly that - an ordinary friendship. they are innocent.' mr miller concluded his piece to the judge and the jury, and came back to our table.