n i n e t e e n

i rolled over in bed, wallowing in the warmth and comfort of it as i woke up.

i stretched my arms and legs as i opened my eyes, realizing that mattia was gone.

i assumed he had gotten up already, so i showered in the ensuite and got ready for the day.

i had to wear some of ayiana's spare clothes as i hadn't brought any of my own.

i left the red room to find mattia sitting on the couch and scrolling through his phone.

'morning.' i said quietly, still feeling kind of dazed.

'morning babygirl.' said mattia in a jokey tone.

i sat by him on the couch, putting my head into his chest and inhaling his sweet natural aroma as he wrapped one of his arms around me and cradled me close.

'everyone left?' i asked.

'yeah,' he replied 'they decided to give us some "alone time"' he laughed.

'aw, they were so kind and welcoming.' i sighed.

'i'm glad you like them.' he said.

'they were a lot better than alejandro and kairi.' i said, sending us both into a fit of laughter.

'so, what's the wave for today.' i asked.

'well.. we're gonna go pickup some breakfast, meet back up with nat and then i'm gonna walk you to your school... which by your facial expression i feel like you forgot about.' he said.

'shit mattia, i thought today was sunday- i left my phone at natalia's house, my mom is probably worried sick.' i said.

'ah fuck, we should get going then, i already texted natalia and we decided to meet at her house at 7.45, we can grab some starbucks on the way.' he said.

'great.' i said.

———————————————

i finished up my coffee just as we arrived at nat's.

natalia stood at her door, playing with her thumbs as she waited for us.

when she saw us approaching, a relieved expression fell upon her face.

'hey-' i began saying before i was interrupted by nat embracing me in one of the tightest hugs i've ever had to endure.

'natalia,' i laughed 'bruh is everything okay?'

i could hear her whispering and mumbling under her breath frantically.

'the fuck-' said mattia, reflecting my same confused appearance, 'natalia we cant hear what you're saying.'

'i said i'm fucking sorry.' she said, raising her voice and staring at the floor, obviously unable to make eye contact.

i couldn't help but chuckle at her insane state.

'nat what are you sorry for-' my speech trailed off and the sound of my giggling quickly melted away as i caught a glimpse of some uniformed figures rushing towards us from behind nat's house.